|Cascade-ing at Cork Summer Show|
A lovely pint from Brian.
- Persia to West Cork via Galway's Mitzi’s Mezze
- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Taste of the Week. Cascade by Cotton Ball Brewing
Taste of the Week
Cascade by Cotton Ball Brewing
Cascade is a relatively new addition to the Cotton Ball Brewing Company’s portfolio and I made its acquaintance at the Cork Summer Show at the weekend. It’s a beauty and our Taste of the Week.
It is a well balanced celebration of the hops of the same name, a single hop beer with terrific flavour, slightly spicy too but with flavour galore and the ABV is just 3.8%. Well done guys, a superb Pale Ale for the summer sessions and indeed any session.
There is a picture of Humphrey Lynch, the original owner of the Cotton Ball and grandfather of current owner Jack, on the brewery's bottles. His is a fascinating story and includes fighting in the American Civil War and dealing in cotton (hence the name for the pub he bought on his return to Ireland). More here.