Clonakilty Distillery knows how to finish!
Taste of the Week
Clonakilty Port Cask Finish 43.6%
The first member of the Clonakilty Cask Finish Series, this whiskey is finished in Port Casks from The Douro Valley at the distillery’s Atlantic Ocean warehouse.
Colour is a rich gold. The aromas speak of ripe peaches and vanilla. Very fruity on the palate, cherries and orange zest with a range of spices. Decent finish then with smooth spices prominent, lingering even more smoothly as the finalé approaches.
The Port Cask is a blend of a 10-year-old triple distilled malt and an 8 year old grain. Excellent whiskey and very well priced and our Taste of the Week.
Perhaps you have heard of their Cask Keeper’s Club, a unique opportunity for the public to invest in their own cask of Clonakilty Distillery’s premium Single Pot Still new make spirit, which was legally declared Irish whiskey this year and will be released on sale to the public in three years after maturing in their ocean warehouse.
Perks of belonging to the Cask Keeper’s Club include:
- Permanent recognition at the distillery
- First option to purchase exclusive selected releases
- Participation at our annual club day to include dinner and special whiskey tastings
- Buy back option after 10 years
- 10% discount on all products at the distillery shop