- SuperValu announces Spectacular Italian Wine Sale....
- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Taste of the Week. Cohiba “Atmosphere” Cuban Coffee
Taste of the Week
Cohiba “Atmosphere” Cuban Coffee
I keep an eye on the offerings at Dublin’s FIXX coffee and glad that I do when I can get my hands on a coffee as good as this Cohiba “Atmosphere”.
The beans are sourced from The Isabelica Plantation of Gran Piedra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site (one of only two coffee plantations in the world to receive this accolade).
At over 1,000 meters above sea level and surrounded by hardwood trees, the coffee plants develop under the shade of the leafy trees. A natural refuge for rare birds making the almost inaccessible region into a Biosphere Reserve. The exceptional conditions found in this small area ensure that we are getting something very rare with these bird-friendly gourmet coffees.
This is a superb coffee, intense rather than strong, excellent body with the hint of cocoa undertones. A knockout premium coffee, something of a fist in a velvet glove. It is 100% Arabica and is expensive but quite a treat.
Unit 9, Naas Road Business Park, Muirfield Drive, Naas Road , Dublin, D12 X3H7