- FIVE CORK RESTAURANTS OFFERING A SPECIAL PRE-THEA...
- Midweek ‘Me Time’ at Lyrath Estate
- THE SLEEP COACH AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNE...
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
Saturday, February 16, 2019
At each place there is at least one hollowed-out tree truck with a hole at the end, where at harvest time they stomp grapes to get juice for making wine. The two women said they could easily get 1 ton of grapes into a tree trunk. First the boys walk on the grapes, and then the older and heavier men crush them harder. … It takes about two hours to finish the job. Turpa, one of the women, proudly pointed to one tree trunk and said the family had been using it for three centuries.
from In Search of Bachhus by George M. Taber (2009). Recommended.