- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Friday, May 3, 2013
The Wine Geese Return in Style!
“The Return of The Wine Geese” Black Tie banquet will bring together wines with an Irish heritage from around the globe with wonderful food in the beautiful Fleming's Restaurant.
The full line-up of wines that will feature on the night will follow shortly. Tickets are available from O’Donovans Off Licence Head Office only and are €100.
Tickets are limited to 4 per booking and are must be pre-paid. Contact Deirdre or Rose on 021-4296060 for details.
Bringing The Wine Geese Home
Gala Banquest at Flemings Restaurant, Cork City
Saturday 18th May 2013
7.30pm Drinks Reception ~ 8.00pm Seated for Dinner
Pate de Foie Gras
Pate of Foie Gras, served with its own jelly
Tossed leaf salad and melba toast
Conift de Voalille , wonton de Canard
Home smoked chicken ballotine and wonton of duck confit
Served with a compot of fresh orange
Paupiette de sole Limande
Paupiette of sole served with pink grapefruit , served with a light saffron sauce
Sorbet de champagne
Champagne sorbet served with passion fruit and a sweet balsamic glaze
Longe D’agneau roti
Roast Loin of Lamb , ragout of sweetbread and a light rosemary”jus”
Trio de Fromage
Tipperary mature Cashel Blue
West Cork Mileens
Cork Hegary’s cheddar
Tart au Citron, vanilla ice-cream and marinated strawberries