|Philip Mahon, new chef at|
Citron in Dublin's Fitzwilliam
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Food and Drink Spotting
Food and Drink Spotting
Dine-in Cinema? Could it catch on here?
One of my Foodspotting correspondents, US based Critsy, recently went to eat at the cinema, at Hurricane at AMC Esplanade 14 in Phoenix, AZ.
“Watching “Fast & Furious 6” with hubby (while waiting for the kids to finish golf tournament. :) These dine-in theaters are getting more popular, so this theater converted itself into one. There’s a more “posh” dine-in place up north in Scottsdale, and their service and food’s much better, but for just drinks and alcoholic beverage, this one’s reasonably priced and nice plush home theater seats. Press the button and it beckons the server to take your order.
It's a theater with wide, plush seats with a swivel table that you can pull in front of you to put your food. So it's a specifically designed dine- in theater. These are popular in Asia too. :) http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/3723358.”
Philip Mahon joins Citron Restaurant
The award winning Citron Restaurant of the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin is delighted to announce the appointment of new Head Chef Philip Mahon.
Philip joins the Citron team from the kitchen of Harvey Nichols in Dundrum, Dublin. His extensive experience includes working in top restaurants in the United States, and collaborating with renowned chef Marcus Wareing at the Michein star-winning restaurant The Berkeley, London. Since his return to Ireland, Philip has held positions in Gordon Ramsey’s Ritz Carlton, and Dublin's Michelin Starred Mint with Dylan Mcgrath.
Philip is a Dublin native, born and raised in Sutton. His cooking style is light and contemporary with modern influences, and emphasises the need to support artisan Irish growers and suppliers, as well as take advantage of what each season and surrounding environment has to offer.
For Citron bookings, and to find out more about The Fitzwilliam Hotel's luxurious package deals, check out www.fitzwilliamhoteldublin.com.
Elderflower Hunt Tomorrow
The Butler’s Pantry is hosting a fun Elderflower Hunt on Friday 28th June from 6pm at Blackrock Park (meet at Booterstown Dart Station entrance to Blackrock Park). The evening will begin with a brief talk by Eoin Warner of The Butler’s Pantry on the Elder tree and the different culinary uses of Elderflower. This is followed by a walk around the park where everyone can gather elderflower (remember to have your scissors and basket at the ready!). On arrival back at the start there will be a tasting of Elderflower Cordial and Elderflower Turkish Delight and some other tasty nibbles from The Butler’s Pantry and everyone will receive a selection of recipes to take home with them.
This fantastic hunt is open to all and is compliments of The Butler’s Pantry. Check out the Butler’s Pantry on twitter and facebook for more details. Places are limited so anyone interested please email email@example.com before Wednesday 26th June @ 5pm to book your place.
Castle Hotel in Macroom
The wedding team at the boutique 4 star Castle Hotel in Macroom, Co. Cork would like to extend an invitation to you to sample its wedding offering on Sunday, 30 June between 12pm- 4pm. With a wealth of experience and reputation for elegance, style and impeccable service, the wedding team at the 4* Castle Hotel, Macroom, Co. Cork will showcase more than 10 suppliers at its bespoke wedding afternoon. More details here.
Anyone for pigeon broth? http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/3730933
Anyone for Strawberries?
It is Wimbledon time and that means strawberry time. The people at All-Recipes UK and Ireland have lots of ideas as to what to do with your favourite fruit: strawberries in Pimms, Sparkling Strawberry Gin, Tennis Ball Truffles and much more. Check them all out here and maybe add one of your own.