|Taste of the WeekSuperb pink lemonade by Walshe's Juices.|
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- PICTURE PERFECT WEDDINGS AT TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GO...
- Sustainable food at the core of Waterford Harvest ...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Food and Drink Spotting
Food and Drink Spotting
10 years in Ireland: Wines from Spain
• Undoubtedly Ireland’s largest wine event of the autumn
• Over 350 Spanish wines on show, showcased by 23 importers
Join in the celebrations and toast the 10th Anniversary of Wines from Spain in Ireland. This September, Spanish wines will celebrate all the way from Madrid to Dublin in style, to toast the 10th edition of the Annual Spanish Wine Fair.
September 11st at the prestigious Shelbourne Hotel, an unprecedented number of Irish importers, 23, exhibiting the best from their Spanish portfolio with over 350 wines. Ten Spanish wineries from exciting regions around Spain and new to the Irish Market, will showcase their wines. In total, wines from over 30 different Designations of Origin will be on hand to taste at this special occasion.
Creating a buzz this year, is the Pop-up Wine series . Pop in for the ‘5 terroir on Irish thalami ́ master classes. Throughout the day, the five wine seminars will bring 5 very special Irish importers and Spanish winemakers together in a relaxed atmosphere. Read more here...
West Cork Hotel
Whiskey Galore! Our 1st Snug Whiskey Tasting is happening on Thursday 27th June. You will get to try 5 drams, have a few nibbles & a good informal chat about Whiskey. €19.50 per person and you will get a copy of tasting notes to take away. Contact Sascha to book. Sascha@westcorkhotel.com
Keep eyes peeled for a whiskey related comp.
Pandora Bell’s New Irish Cream Liqueur Fudge
(available from July 22nd 2013)
Pandora Bell is thrilled to launch a new Irish Cream Liqueur Fudge. This delicious premium crumbly butter fudge is flavoured with Irish Cream Liqueur to turn the divine the purely sublime.
The new fudge partners the original Crumbly Butter Fudge in the Pandora Bell range. Pandora Bell’s Fudge is rich and crumbly with a very generous helping of butter. It is made traditionally, cooled naturally and broken by hand for that magical ‘once upon a time’ taste. The ultimate treat for lovers of high quality fudge… made in the traditional homemade style packed with the highest quality ingredients, and no compromise.
Pandora Bell’s fudge is all gluten free. It contains no artificial colours or flavours and no added preservatives.
Pandora Bell’s is stocked in Fine Food and gift shops nationwide including Harvey Nichols, Fallon & Byrne, Avoca, McCambridges Galway and Country Choice in Limerick and Nenagh… and is also available from www.pandorabell.ie
Recipe: Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites. http://pinchofyum.com/dark-chocolate-coconut-bites
The lowdown on Samphire by Fenn’s Quay’s Kate Lawlor
Beet Carpaccio with Caramelized Goat Cheese http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/3699886
Inishfood 2013: The Feast of the Chieftains