|Name this new beer - details below|
- Estrella Damm to Continue Partnership with Food On...
- Revamp unveiled of well-known Kinsale restaurant ...
- Carl D’Alton From Cask Wins World Class Irish Bart...
- 420 GUESTS TO DINE OUTDOORS FOR CORK’S LONG TABLE...
- Renowned London Cocktail Bar Callooh Callay To Pop Up in Cork; One Night Only
- SuperValu Unveils Its New Summer Wine Range. With ...
- UK’S BEST PIZZA CHEF, DAVIDE D’AURIA, TO HOST A MA...
- 100,000 Footfall Boost Expected for Newbridge Silverware with Launch of Factory Tour
- Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutl...
- Archway Lager launched by Franciscan Well
- Summer Season In Cask Cocktail Bar In Cork Kicks O...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Mescan Brewery Tours - New for Summer 2018
- Cork based TablePath puts you in control of your r...
- FIRST MARKET LANE SCHOLARSHIP HELPS STUDENT ON ROAD TO CULINARY SUCCESS
- ‘Our Table’ pop up event promises a fusion of flav...
- Beaujolais on Irish Tour!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Blog Policy
Monday, June 29, 2015
Summertime Fête at Franciscan Well. Launch of new Farmhouse Ale
Summertime Fête at Franciscan Well
Launch of new Farmhouse Ale
I took a sip of the new and as yet un-named beer in yesterday's sunshine. And as it made its way on to my palate, my first reaction was to thank the lord, well to thank the lords and ladies of the Irish craft beer movement for bringing this and so many other beer beauties to our bars and homes. The next reaction wasn't as kind as it concerned those mega breweries who have been dumbing down beer for decades.
An inviting appearance and complex aromas are followed by a mouthful of flavour, more malt than hops. Some spice, lively carbonation, brown sugar and that maltiness are all there. Full bodied, It is made in the style of a Belgian Farmhouse Ale and I'm sure any Belgian farm-worker would be happy to down one or two at the end of the day. I know I would. Try it out at its weekend launch in the Franciscan Well.
Details of the first ever Summertime Fête at the Franciscan Well, North Mall.
The multi-award winning Franciscan Well Brewery is proud to announce its first Summertime Fête, which takes place at the North Mall Brewpub in Cork from July 3rdto 5th.
Ahead of the Summertime Fête, Franciscan Well’s expert brewers and flavour masters have curated a bespoke menu of new and unusual beer cocktails using Franciscan Well’s signature beers. The three day showcase will celebrate Franciscan Well’s classic brews along with beer cocktails, a range of limited edition specials, summer beers and ciders, fruit-cups, music and beer and food pairings.
The crew from Pompeii Pizza will also be stoking their pizza ovens across the three days, serving their legendary stone-fired pizza to weekend revellers.
#UnveilOurAle - Farmhouse Ale Naming Competition
Guests at the Fête will also get the chance to sample the new Franciscan Well Farmhouse Ale, a limited edition brew available on draught for the summer months. This ale, yet to be officially named, will be unveiled for the first time at the Fête.
To mark the launch of this exciting new brew, Franciscan Well is running a public competition on its social media channels to name the new Farmhouse Ale, which will be served in the Brewpub across the season. As well as earning the enviable bragging rights of having named a limited edition brew, the lucky winner will win themselves a special pass to the Summer Fête, including food and drinks for them as well as a host of other Franciscan Well goodies.
With a stellar line-up of food and drinks confirmed for the Summer Fête weekend, guests will be able to share in the legendary atmosphere of the Fran Well, while enjoying some of the very best summer craft beers and beers cocktails.
The Summertime Fête will open fromon Friday 3rd July, and run through and from .