|Name this new beer - details below|
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Monday, June 29, 2015
Summertime Fête at Franciscan Well. Launch of new Farmhouse Ale
Summertime Fête at Franciscan Well
Launch of new Farmhouse Ale
I took a sip of the new and as yet un-named beer in yesterday's sunshine. And as it made its way on to my palate, my first reaction was to thank the lord, well to thank the lords and ladies of the Irish craft beer movement for bringing this and so many other beer beauties to our bars and homes. The next reaction wasn't as kind as it concerned those mega breweries who have been dumbing down beer for decades.
An inviting appearance and complex aromas are followed by a mouthful of flavour, more malt than hops. Some spice, lively carbonation, brown sugar and that maltiness are all there. Full bodied, It is made in the style of a Belgian Farmhouse Ale and I'm sure any Belgian farm-worker would be happy to down one or two at the end of the day. I know I would. Try it out at its weekend launch in the Franciscan Well.
Details of the first ever Summertime Fête at the Franciscan Well, North Mall.
The multi-award winning Franciscan Well Brewery is proud to announce its first Summertime Fête, which takes place at the North Mall Brewpub in Cork from July 3rdto 5th.
Ahead of the Summertime Fête, Franciscan Well’s expert brewers and flavour masters have curated a bespoke menu of new and unusual beer cocktails using Franciscan Well’s signature beers. The three day showcase will celebrate Franciscan Well’s classic brews along with beer cocktails, a range of limited edition specials, summer beers and ciders, fruit-cups, music and beer and food pairings.
The crew from Pompeii Pizza will also be stoking their pizza ovens across the three days, serving their legendary stone-fired pizza to weekend revellers.
#UnveilOurAle - Farmhouse Ale Naming Competition
Guests at the Fête will also get the chance to sample the new Franciscan Well Farmhouse Ale, a limited edition brew available on draught for the summer months. This ale, yet to be officially named, will be unveiled for the first time at the Fête.
To mark the launch of this exciting new brew, Franciscan Well is running a public competition on its social media channels to name the new Farmhouse Ale, which will be served in the Brewpub across the season. As well as earning the enviable bragging rights of having named a limited edition brew, the lucky winner will win themselves a special pass to the Summer Fête, including food and drinks for them as well as a host of other Franciscan Well goodies.
With a stellar line-up of food and drinks confirmed for the Summer Fête weekend, guests will be able to share in the legendary atmosphere of the Fran Well, while enjoying some of the very best summer craft beers and beers cocktails.
The Summertime Fête will open fromon Friday 3rd July, and run through and from .