- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Gonna be A Burger of a Week. Big and Bad Boys to Rock Cork
Gonna be A Burger of a Week
Big and Bad Boys to Rock Cork
The first Cork Burger Festival runs from January 30th until February 5th. The local cafes and restaurants have climbed aboard in impressive numbers and, if you love your burger, you are going to have some tremendous choices over the week. Below you'll find a selection of what is on offer. More details on the Festival Facebook page here.
The White Horse in Ballincollig have a Seven Day Burger Battle on, with a tasty clash each night. Friday's duel between the Texan and the Mexican looks saucy with a repeat thrown in on Saturday if you want to switch sides.
Soho Bar have joined in the fun with their Three Rebels, three different sliders and a pint of beer for a tenner.
If you’re in Son of a Bun, watch out for the Wonka ticket. Each burger special you order on this fantabulous week will be hiding a Son of a Wonka ticket. If you happen to be the lucky winner of one of their 7 golden tickets you will be in for a treat! “For the next 5 months you will get to have our burger of the month on us!” Limit 1 burger each month per ticket holder.
New Douglas restaurant, 12 Tables, are running a Burger Battle Royale. On one plate you've got the Mick O’ and, on the other, its The Big Fella. That’ll take some sorting.
If you’re up to big, then maybe the Oliver Plunket is the place to be. Here’s the challenge. The Big Boy (he who dares, WINS) 32oz burger topped with Bandon Vale cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onions served with a side of fries; €30, finish it and it's FREE!
If you can't make it to a restaurant, Davidson’s Craft Butchers have offers on burgers all week. Keep up to date here.
You’ll find the Great Griffin in Dripsey at Griffin's Garden Centre. It looks tempting. Check out their Facebook page for giveaways.
And be sure too to tie up the horse at the Bad Boys where you can tuck into their 8oz Smoked Rodeo Burger topped with Chilli Con Carne Cheese and Sour cream. Bad!
The Meatball Place are also on board with a selection of Speciality Burgers, not just for the week, but for the month!
Nine Market Street in Kinsale are doing a four-course Burger meal (dessert is an ice-cream burger). A fab meal at a great price of €25.00 the lot. Date is Saturday the 4th from 6.00pm.
Lots more places involved including the Silly Goose (with Ali’s Kitchen). Check it all out on festival’s Facebook page here.