- FIVE CORK RESTAURANTS OFFERING A SPECIAL PRE-THEA...
- Midweek ‘Me Time’ at Lyrath Estate
- THE SLEEP COACH AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNE...
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
Friday, March 8, 2013
Hayfield Wine Society - April event
Jane Boyce is back in Cork next month
Jane Boyce, who wowed the audience ar a recent wine geese event in L'Atitude 51 (right) is back in Cork next month for the April Wine Society evening of the Hayfield Manor. The evening, on Thursday, 18th April, will be hosted by Jane, Ireland's first female Master of Wines.
Jane is a wine columnist for Irish Tatler and Easy Food, as well as writing pieces for the Irish Times, Food and Wine Magazine and other publications in Ireland, the UK and abroad.
Wines on the night will be supplied by James Nicholson Wine Merchant. Jane shall focus on classic grape varieties (probably Pinot Noir and Riesling) and will showcase relevant wine regions.
This exclusive event begins at 7.00pm. To initiate proceedings, aperitifs and canapés shall be served to accompany an introduction to the wines. Dinner shall then commence at 7.30pm. Executive Chef, Graeme Campbell, has carefully created a five course menu designed to perfectly complement the selection of elegant wines chosen to be showcased on the night.
Hayfield Sommelier, Sandra Biret-Crowley, says that connoisseurs seeking to expand their knowledge of wine, or enthusiasts who simply love sampling new and exciting vintages, will relish this special event, part of a series of Wine Society evenings to be held at Hayfield Manor. Price €99 per person. Limited spaces are available, therefore an early reservation is strongly recommended.