Gilbeys scoops ten awards for host of wine brands at the National Off-Licence Association Awards
Gleeson incorporating Gilbey’s, Ireland’s largest wine distributor, scooped a total of ten accolades at the recent National Off-Licence Association (NOffLA) Awards for a variety of their wine brands.
The outstanding winner was Marqués De Murrieta, Rioja Reserva 2005, which was named the overall ‘Red Wine of the Year’ as well as ‘Old World Red under €20’. This stunning traditional Rioja embodies ripe fruit qualities with a perfect balance of acidity with supple roundness on the palate and a hint of new oak. It is a firm favourite on dinner tables all over Ireland!
Gleeson incorporating Gilbeys also won three silver awards and five bronze awards for the following wines:
· Old World White under €8 Longue Dog Blanc, France
· New World White under €8 False Bay Sauvignon Blanc, South Africa
· New World Red under €20 St Hallett Faith Shiraz, Barossa, Australia
· Old World White under €20 Drouhin Vaudon, Reserve de Vaudon Chablis, France
· New World White under €14 Santa Rita Reserva Sauvignon Blanc, Chile
· New World White under €20 Hunter’s Sauvignon Blanc, Marlbrough, New Zealand
· Old World Red under €8 Chat en Oeuf Rouge, France
· New World Red under €8 False Bay Shiraz, South Africa
Sallyanne Cooney, General Manager of Gleeson’s incorporating Gilbey’s, which distributes the above wines in Ireland, says:
“This is an outstanding result and we are absolutely delighted that such a large variety of our wonderful wine brands have received great recognition at the prestigious National Off Licence Association Awards. All of our award winning wines are under €20, which proves that you don’t have to spend a fortune to find a great wine. We are planning to strongly support these wines in the run up to Christmas, ensuring that they are bound to be big sellers for the festive season.”
All of the above listed wines are available in NOffLA’s 330+ independent off licences around the country and are clearly identifiable on shelf.