- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Taste of the Week
Taste of the Week
Athula Peri Peri
You can't go wrong with Peri Peri, not with the spelling. It’s also spelt Piri Piri, even Pili Pili. Three chances of getting it right.
Whatever about the spelling, Athula has got it all right with his range of Peri Peri sauces, now available in local Supervalus and indeed in Mr Bell’s in the English Market. He does a mild version, a version with lemon and herb and also a hot one (it is just that - but used sparingly, it works well, especially with roast chicken). They come in handy 125g bottles and so you are less likely to have waste.
Chef Athula, from Sri Lanka, now in Cork, has “worked in 5 star restaurants across the world” and has put that experience to use with this range bringing “true restaurant quality to your kitchen”.
I’m very happy with the Lemon and Herb and found it great with fish and chicken (after cooking). It can also be used as a dip and to liven up a salad. There are tips for this and the others on the bottles. Indeed, it livens up everything we’ve used it on so far and is Taste of the Week.
Athula Fusion Foods,
Unit 1&2, J Street,
Carrigaline Industrial Estate,
Carrigaline, Co. Cork
Tel: 087 136 7525