- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Ranty went to the calf and wished her well….and tied a rope about her neck… The animal stood legs outstretched and the veins on its neck...Ranty moved fast and…produced a blade...and made an incision. The beast gave its blood, the fluid draining into a piggin he held in the other hand, and when he had enough he handed the jar to Coyle...and made good the wound with thread.
He boiled the blood with oaten meal and they ate the blackened stew from cracked bowls and not a sound...but for the working of their jaws.
from Red Sky in Morning by Paul Lynch