- FIVE CORK RESTAURANTS OFFERING A SPECIAL PRE-THEA...
- Midweek ‘Me Time’ at Lyrath Estate
- THE SLEEP COACH AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNE...
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Ranty went to the calf and wished her well….and tied a rope about her neck… The animal stood legs outstretched and the veins on its neck...Ranty moved fast and…produced a blade...and made an incision. The beast gave its blood, the fluid draining into a piggin he held in the other hand, and when he had enough he handed the jar to Coyle...and made good the wound with thread.
He boiled the blood with oaten meal and they ate the blackened stew from cracked bowls and not a sound...but for the working of their jaws.
from Red Sky in Morning by Paul Lynch