FULL DINNER MENU
including Posh Fish 'n chips (right)
Watercress and Potato Soup
Number of Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 bunches watercress, washed
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 400ml Flora pro.activ milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper
- Crusty bread and Flora pro.activ to serve
- Coarsely shred the watercress, keeping a few sprigs for garnish
- Place the leek, potato and watercress in a saucepan with the Flora pro.activ milk, vegetable stock and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Liquidize or sieve and season with black pepper
- Serve hot or cold garnished with a little black pepper and the reserved watercress.
- Analysis for soup only (does not include crusty bread and Flora pro.activ)
- Each serving of soup provides 0.5 servings of Flora pro.activ
Oven Baked Fish and Chips
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minute
- 450g (1 lb) sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 85g (3 oz) slightly stale bread
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 medium egg
- 4 x 175g (6 oz) fish fillets eg cod, plaice
- Mushy peas:
- 225g (8 oz) frozen peas
- 40g (1 ½ oz) Flora pro.activ spread
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt
· Preheat oven to 200 C, (fan oven 180 C), Gas 6.
· Toss the chips in half the oil and spread evenly over a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare fish by placing bread, half the parsley and zest in a food processor and blitz until like rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir through a tablespoon of oil.
- Place flour, egg and crumbs on separate plates and dunk each fillet in flour, then egg, finishing with crumbs. Place on non-stick baking sheet and bake for the last 12 minutes of chips cooking time.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, cook the peas in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain and mash with the Flora pro.activ spread, capers (if used), mint and remaining parsley and lemon zest. Add 1-2 tablespoons yoghurt to achieve a soft consistency and serve with the fish and chips.
Flora pro.activ Baked Fruits with Vanilla
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 400g fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 fresh figs
- 2 bananas
- 100g kumquats, halved
- 1 vanilla pod
(Or any fruits that are in season such as halved peaches and plums)
· Cut the figs into 4 and cut the banana into large chunks. Mix all the fruits together in a bowl.
· Split the vanilla pod, scrape the seeds out and add to the fruit. Mix well together and then divide between 4 squares of greaseproof paper.
· Wrap the fruits in foil and cook on the barbecue for 15/20 minutes (or place in a hot oven). Serve with Flora pro.activ yogurt.