- The Long Table Walk Goes On Again This Mid-Summer
- SECRET ROMANCE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNEY...
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Waterford Hotel
- YellowBelly Beer Launch Free Guide to Cooking with...
- EGG CELLENT EASTER FAMILY BREAKS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Killybegs' Seafood Shack is awarded best Chowder i...
- Eggs for Anytime. Chefs’ Recipe Competition
- Champagne Evening at The Hayfield
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- A Michelin Starred Chocolate Experience at Cliff H...
- Liberty Wines to distribute Champagne Houses Piper...
- Keep Cork Meeting Event Next Week!
- O'Brien Wine Festival - Spring 2019
- You too can brew … on a Mescan Brewery brew course...
- Glittering night at the Food Oscars for Sligo Food...
- Yellow Belly, Black Donkey & White Deer add colour...
- New Douglas branch opened by rapidly expanding fudi&more
- Mothers’ Day memories from Chef Alan Fitzmaurice
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Blog Policy
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Kinvara Smoked Salmon:
You’ll never be stuck for food ideas once you have a keyboard and access to social media. Recipes abound here. And we were glad of the service on a recent Saturday night when a planned starter wasn't working out.
Tapped my way to Kinvara Smoked Salmon. I knew they have a smashing little recipe brochure and spotted it on the home page. Clicked my way down and found just what was required: Kinvara Smoked Salmon Potato Salad. A beautiful starter indeed.
Killowen Vintage Cheddar
Killowen Vintage Cheddar is a product of Newmarket Creameries and is sold in a distinctive 200 gram box. It is “typically matured for at least two years”, is creamy and full flavoured and very enjoyable and ideal for people who may find some of the other mature cheddars a bit on the dry side.
I usually come across Iain of Riverstick based Flynn’s Kitchen at the Farmers Market in Mahon Point. Less than two weeks back, I picked up his newest soup: Potato, Leek and Thyme Soup. Many potato and leek soups can be bland enough but Iain’s judicious use of Thyme and seasoning has certainly given the old formula a new life and at €3.00 a pot (or two for a fiver) is well worth a try as indeed are all his other soups and good things.