- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Blog Policy
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Taste of the Week
Keogh’s Atlantic Sea Salt & Irish Cider Vinegar Crisps
Our Taste of the Week is quite a mouthful, a lot of words up there. But it is a tasty mouthful and quite a delightful surprise to me.
Salt and Vinegar was never my favourite combination. When I got the two samples from Keogh’s, I thought it was odds on that the Cheese and Onion would be my winner. And it is a good one too. Tasted that first and had my opinion confirmed.
Onto the Atlantic Sea Salt and Irish Cider Vinegar then and what a pleasant ambush on the palate. The combination is flavoursome, so well balanced, the best combination of salt and vinegar I’ve ever come across. A nod from the other half confirmed the tasty surprise and our Taste of the Week was unanimous! Two thirty-somethings were later recruited and again both came down on the Salt and Cider Vinegar side.
The two varieties are now available in Multipacks, just in time for picnic season. Each contains 6 individual bags. The new multipacks are available alongside the Farm Favourites Multipack which was introduced last year and includes 2 x Dubliner Cheese and Onion, 2 x Atlantic Sea Salt and Irish Cider Vinegar and 2 x Roast Beef and Irish Stout.
Commenting on recent survey results, that showed some 22% of Irish workers eat lunch at their desk on any given weekday, Tom Keogh, Keogh’s Farm, said: “Much of my working life has been spent outdoors on the farm so it’s hard to imagine spending all my lunch breaks cooped up at a desk but unfortunately this is the reality for many people. The weather can sometimes be off-putting but with the summer sun now shining, the Irish public should make the most of it by taking their lunch to a local park or eating dinner in the back garden. Any excuse for some fresh air and an impromptu picnic!
This year, we’re proud to have our three multipack varieties in store just in time for picnic season. The multipacks are lightweight, easy to carry and perfect for sharing and as always, they are made fresh on the farm using only the finest Irish ingredients.”
The newly launched Keogh’s Atlantic Sea Salt & Irish Cider Vinegar Multipack and Dubliner Irish Cheese & Onion Multipack and the Keogh’s Farm Favourites Multipacks and entire Keogh’s Crisps range are available now in stores nationwide, RRP €3.99.
For further information on the Keogh’s #PerfectPicnic campaign and Keogh’s Multipacks, please visit www.keoghs.ie.
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Joe's Farm Crisps
|Joe's Farm Crisp: Beetroot, Parsnip and Carrot.|
In recent weeks, a brown paper bag has appeared among the potatoes and the cabbages. Its humble appearance hides a tasty gem, dozens of them. I missed out once or twice before getting my hands on a bag of Joe's Farm Crisps, grown and cooked on the farm by Sandra Burns.
Must admit I did't know quite what to expect and was delighted with them, very flavoursome crisps indeed. Made from beetroot, parsnip and carrot, they are delicious and our Taste of the Week! Check them out at the markets or contact the farm at 087-6329334 or by email at email@example.com