- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Learn to Make Your Own Pizza At Killavullen Market...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Monday, November 30, 2015
Taste of the Week
Con’s Irish Cider
If you haven’t tasted real Irish cider before, you're in for a treat. This is packed with flavour and it just waiting to get out of the bottle and impress. Your palate will initially be overwhelmed - after all, 85% (maybe more) of the content is apple. You soon get used to it and begin to enjoy the genuine taste of an Irish orchard.
Made in Cahir (County Tipperary) by Con Traas, from his own apples, this cloudy small batch cider is a great example of the craft. Taste of the Week, any week.
That initial burst in the mouth reminded me instantly of something Brooklyn brewer Garrett Oliver said at Ballymaloe LitFest earlier in the year: “You hear people say, when they taste a craft beer: This is nice, doesn't taste like beer." He had an explanation: ‘The beer they grew up with didn't taste like real beer!’”