|The Nibbles Christmas Cake is pretty good too!|
- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Monday, December 18, 2017
Taste of the Week. Christmas Special
The Nibbles Christmas Pudding
Once upon a time, Irish housewives made the Christmas pudding, some made three or four or more, in mid-summer. All windows and doors were thrown open and the steam drifted out, some aromas too, to the open air.
But then came the age of inconvenience and nobody was left at home to cook up the necessary battalions of puddings and now we rely more and more on providers. Some of those providers though are so much better than others and I found one last week who has served up my Taste of the Christmas Week.
Eleanor Leahy is the lady and Nibbles is the name of her Millstreet company; her puddings (and cakes, by the way) are available at farmers markets, at Nibbles Bakery and Café in Millstreet, and also in Roughty Foodie in the English Market where I got mine from Margo Ann.
The Nibbles pudding is not as dark as the traditional one but, packed with fruit, stout and whiskey too, it has the all the flavour you need and comes in a variety of sizes. Just add a slather of the Brandy Butter from Crossogue Preserves, also available from Margo Ann, and you have a festive treat that’s hard to beat.