- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- PICTURE PERFECT WEDDINGS AT TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GO...
- Sustainable food at the core of Waterford Harvest ...
- Rías Baixas wines, sensational Irish seafood, unde...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, July 21, 2011
The Smart Way to Locate your Business
The Smart Way to Locate your Business
I recently met with and old friend of mine Jim Nolan who introduced me to to Loc8 Codes (Location codes) a brilliantly modern and easy way to locate properties and places in Ireland.
From talking with Jim using the Loc8 codes appears to me to be the ideal way to overcome the time wasting and frustration that people experience in trying to quickly find exactly where the hotel, restaurant,sports pitch etc that they wish to travel to is located and to be guided to it.
Loc8 Code was founded by GPS Specialist Gary Delaney who has spent many years researching, developing and finessing the code to meet the exacting requirements of modern needs and usage.
Launched on the 12 July 2010 , with Enterprise Ireland and Garmin Sat Nav support, Loc 8 codes are now widely used by commercial businesses, tourist, Local Goverment, Emergency Services ,sporting bodies and private users.
Having checked, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that many of you are already displaying and using Loc8 Codes on their web sites. Ummera Smoked Products Ltd in West Cork is one and here is a link for you to browse http://www.ummera.com/contact_us.php
Why use Loc8 Codes?
Loc8 Codes can be assigned for any location, not justbuildings
Simply typing www.loc8code.com/W8M-38-DT8 into any web browser will bring up that exact location.
Loc8 Code is a vey user friendly code for use by Sat Nav and GPS Enabled Mobile phone owners. Those with Garmin SatNavs or Iphones (with point8 iphone App) and other units to come will just be able to punch the code in and be guided there.
Loc8 Codes really have revolutionised address codes and the way we navigate around the island of Ireland –the ease in pinpointing any location makes the days for struggling to find homes, businesses and services a thing of the past.
For anybody needing their business, home etc to be quickly located by customers, visitors or couriers the simple and easy way is for them to create and use an unique Loc8 code for their properties.
Many locations in Ireland already define their location using geographic coordinates, they are difficult to remember, can be easily misunderstood and have too many characters. Whilst they might be useful, they have to be modified to make them more user friendly. This is exactly what Loc8 Codes do. They are easy to remember and simple to work with.
Many organisations and businesses use Google Maps to help people find them- Useful But Google maps is not accurate and won’t allow people be guided or navigated to your location.
Loc8 Code for accuracy uses Ordnance Survey Mapping for all of Ireland .
Why not join the fast growing number of Hotels ,Restaurants,B&B’s etc who are seeing the benefits of using the smart way, of letting customers,visitors and tourist know exactly where they are located on the map and allowing their customers simply guided to them.
Without Loc8 Codes it’s hard to be precise
Ireland has no postcode system and the problems this causes are well known. As many as 40% of Irish addresses are non unique which means finding precise locations can be difficult. Add to this the fact that addresses often have Irish and English language variants, each with different spellings, and the potential for confusion soon becomes obvious.
Loc8 Codes solve the Postcode problem
Loc8 Codes allow locations across the whole of Ireland to be defined to an accuracy of +/-6 metres. They consist of just 8 characters so they are easy to remember and once they have been assigned, they are unique to that particular location. What’s more, Loc8 Codes work independently of language so it doesn’t matter if the address they are added to is in Irish, English, any other language for that matter.
While traditional postcode systems work by using road databases, the Loc8 system works by area. It means you can assign a Loc8 Code to any location. Construction site managers can tell building suppliers the Loc8 Code of their site entrance and music festival organisers can ease site traffic by giving ticket-holders Loc8 Codes for designated car parking areas. Loc8 Codes revolutionise the way Ireland is navigated.
For Information or guidance contact Gary,Jim or Ewa at : Loc8 Code Ltd
E/Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org