- Teeling Releases New Brabazon Port Cask Bottling
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Friday, July 8, 2016
I caught the train into town, walked from the station to Waterstone’s and went straight to the cookery section. I made my choice by width: I wanted the book with the most recipes. Rose Elliot’s Complete Vegetarian Cookbook won by a good half-inch. I took it with me to the only wholefood shop in central Belfast and set about restocking my cupboard. I bought home a lot of lentils.
From Here’s Me Here (Further Reflections of a Lapsed Protestant) by Glenn Patterson (2015)