|Fish on Friday boy. No meat.|
- A Mega Meitheal Coming May 2018: Events Calendar for Old Butter Roads Summer Féile
- Kelly’s Butchers take breakfast by storm. Georgina...
- New Irish pot still gin, bursting with Mediterrane...
- Musgrave MarketPlace donates over 250,000 meals to...
- Munster Wine & Dine. Coming Soon. An evening at Killahora Orchards
- EU launches European Capital of Smart Tourism
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Franciscan Well Springs into Summer
- IRISH EYES ARE SMILIGN!
- West Cork Farm Tours – An authentic grass roots, I...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 16, 2016
On Friday morning…. the British presence … had decreased.. Only cursory ‘pot shots’ were exchanged. For breakfast, the women ‘fried veal cutlets and gave the men a good feed’. Bob Holland was hopeful of having some meat from the beast he had killed for dinner, but he had to make do with a can of soup and some bread made by Cumann na mBan members. He was told this was more suitable for a Friday, but Rose McNamara enjoyed ‘a meat dinner, potatoes, etc.’. Colbert and Holland had time to reminisce..before British troops reappeared at Rialto Bridge…
From 16 Lives Con Colbert by John O’Callaghan (2015)