|Fish on Friday boy. No meat.|
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Grub Club at the White Horse
- How CIT's Department of Tourism & Hospitality is r...
- Savour the last sip of summer with an Albarino tas...
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- CHARITY ‘POP UP’ TO VISIT CORK CITY
- Coming Up: Murrisk Pattern & Oyster Festival
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 16, 2016
On Friday morning…. the British presence … had decreased.. Only cursory ‘pot shots’ were exchanged. For breakfast, the women ‘fried veal cutlets and gave the men a good feed’. Bob Holland was hopeful of having some meat from the beast he had killed for dinner, but he had to make do with a can of soup and some bread made by Cumann na mBan members. He was told this was more suitable for a Friday, but Rose McNamara enjoyed ‘a meat dinner, potatoes, etc.’. Colbert and Holland had time to reminisce..before British troops reappeared at Rialto Bridge…
From 16 Lives Con Colbert by John O’Callaghan (2015)