|Fish on Friday boy. No meat.|
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- BARRY AND FITZWILLIAM ANNOUNCE IRISH DISTRIBUTION ...
- Pudding for Christmas – from Kelly’s of course
- Killian Crowley is S.Pellegrino Young Chef 2018
- Claire remembered as Christmas lights switched on ...
- Franciscan Well Christmas Experience
- FANAH-FEST: An Eight Degrees Brewing Beer & Music ...
- The Mescan Menu at The Tavern Murrisk
- Mallow Christmas Food and Craft Family Fair
- Dunnes Stores Awarded Irish Quality Food Retailer ...
- Go Full Irish for Charity
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Saturday, July 16, 2016
On Friday morning…. the British presence … had decreased.. Only cursory ‘pot shots’ were exchanged. For breakfast, the women ‘fried veal cutlets and gave the men a good feed’. Bob Holland was hopeful of having some meat from the beast he had killed for dinner, but he had to make do with a can of soup and some bread made by Cumann na mBan members. He was told this was more suitable for a Friday, but Rose McNamara enjoyed ‘a meat dinner, potatoes, etc.’. Colbert and Holland had time to reminisce..before British troops reappeared at Rialto Bridge…
From 16 Lives Con Colbert by John O’Callaghan (2015)