|Old Millbank smoked salmon, served with a Cajun style potato salad.|
- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Afternoon Tea event at Hayfield Manor with Cantate...
- An indulgent evening with 8 Sligo Food Trail chef...
- The Wild Honey Inn gets Michelin Star!
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- World BBQ is coming to Limerick Town
- Sligo's Gala Harvest Feast
- Cliff Townhouse Oyster Fest takes place from 7th –...
- Griffins to reduce environmental Footprint with Ne...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Taste of the Week
Taste of the Week
Sometimes I make the mistake of thinking all good things are to be found on social media, that all local food producers use either Twitter and Facebook or both. Of course, that is not the case. And you could lose out if you confine yourself to those online. Take the Old Millbank Smokery in North Cork, for instance. You'll find Geraldine Bass's smoked salmon in some of the best local restaurants. And you can get to meet and chat with the award winning producer herself at her stall in the local markets. I bought the salmon in the picture above from her at Mahon Point where she also had other tasty products on sale, including a smashing salmon Pate.
The Conroy's of Woodside Farm in East Cork are also regulars at Mahon and other markets and are no strangers to social media. I have mentioned some of their products in recent weeks. But not this fantastic salami. All you need here really is a sharp knife. Be careful though, not just with the knife. I was eating this as fast as I could cut it. Addictive!