- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- The Festival of Prosecco 2019
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Taste of the Week
Miena's Irish Handmade Nougat
I was poking around in Bradleys, North Main Street, Cork, the other day and came up with this beauty, Miena's Handmade Nougat. Bought some Roasted Almond flavour and it's our Taste of the Week. Great to see that it is made in County Wicklow and the good news continues as Miena makes a number of other flavours, including Hazelnut and Chocolate, Almond and Cranberry, and also Almond and Pistachio. Must try them as well. The website seems to be down at the moment but the nougat is fairly widely available, including at Foxford Woollen Mills, Ardkeen Food Store and Avoca.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
LORGE AT LARGE
In a rural setting, between Kenmare and Glengarriff, in a Kerry village called Bonane, a French chef called Benoit Lorge makes exquisite chocolates that end up in all corners of the world.
This success story started back in 1995 and goes on and on. They ship worldwide via their website while local stockists here in Cork are Nash 19 (Princes Street) and the Sugar Cafe (Washington Street).