- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- Blog Policy
Friday, October 25, 2013
Bunnyconnellan's Michael off to Amsterdam as Irish Star Serve champion
Blarney Castle Hotel, SoHo and Barry's also shine at Heineken event.
Michael O’Sullivan, winner of Heineken Star Serve Award 2013 pictured at the Heineken Star Serve Awards final in The Savoy Theatre, Cork. Michael will compete and represent Ireland in the Global Pint Pouring Championships next month alongside 22 other international markets in Amsterdam. Heineken Star Serve celebrates the perfectly poured pint of Heineken every time.
Michael was elated with the news “I’m absolutely delighted. I take real pride in my job and put passion into giving good service so having that recognised by Heineken Star Serve is a true honour!”
Representing his country on the global stage doesn’t faze the Cork man in the slightest - “I can’t wait! Being hosted in the home of Heineken and getting to pour the perfect pour in the place where it all began while representing my country is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m going to enjoy every minute.”
Michael wasn’t the only Cork hero however. Local Cork bars shone brightly on the night when The Blarney Castle Hotel and John O'Sullivan's Bar picked up special awards for demonstrating Best Customer Service Experience in the industry while SoHo and Barry’s of Douglas Bar scooped the Best Star Serve Bar awards. Well done to all and best of luck to Michael!