- Market Lane ‘Chef Sessions’ Pops Up with ‘Food Jou...
- Munster Wine & Dine Circle. 2019 April Trip
- Argentine Wine Fair. Elegance doesn’t need perf...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Are you a Rebel or a Chieftain?
- The RACK ‘EM UP SERIES from Eight Degrees Brewing
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Kilkenny Hot...
- West Cork Food and Top Italian Wines to feature at...
- SLIGO FOOD TOURS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS THIS SUMME...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Treat your Mum this Mother’s Day with a Special Lu...
- Inspirational women of Sligo Food Trail
- Launch of Cork School Garden Project
- GEORGIAN WINE COMES TO DUBLIN
- CAHERNANE HOUSE SET FOR FURTHER €1.3M. RENOVATION
- Top Posts, last 6 months
- Cork targets French tourists
- Calorie counting “will cable tie the hands of che...
- THE WORLD’S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS AWARDS
- Maryborough Hotel Food & Wine Evening Friday March 8th
- Blog Policy
Friday, October 25, 2013
Bunnyconnellan's Michael off to Amsterdam as Irish Star Serve champion
Blarney Castle Hotel, SoHo and Barry's also shine at Heineken event.
Michael O’Sullivan, winner of Heineken Star Serve Award 2013 pictured at the Heineken Star Serve Awards final in The Savoy Theatre, Cork. Michael will compete and represent Ireland in the Global Pint Pouring Championships next month alongside 22 other international markets in Amsterdam. Heineken Star Serve celebrates the perfectly poured pint of Heineken every time.
Michael was elated with the news “I’m absolutely delighted. I take real pride in my job and put passion into giving good service so having that recognised by Heineken Star Serve is a true honour!”
Representing his country on the global stage doesn’t faze the Cork man in the slightest - “I can’t wait! Being hosted in the home of Heineken and getting to pour the perfect pour in the place where it all began while representing my country is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m going to enjoy every minute.”
Michael wasn’t the only Cork hero however. Local Cork bars shone brightly on the night when The Blarney Castle Hotel and John O'Sullivan's Bar picked up special awards for demonstrating Best Customer Service Experience in the industry while SoHo and Barry’s of Douglas Bar scooped the Best Star Serve Bar awards. Well done to all and best of luck to Michael!