- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY:...
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Bollywood New Year's Eve Theme at Richy's
- The Spirit of Christmas Alive and Well in Cork!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Tokyo takes the crown as world fine dining capital...
- Saint-Chinian Wine Fair Mon 4th Feb
- O’Brien PR Awarded All-Ireland Business Accreditation
- Dublin Food Chain to host event today highlighting...
- How much more can the hospitality sector bear?
- SAVOUR FOOD AWARDS BEST PRACTICE IN FOOD WASTE MAN...
- COBH SCHOOL HOSTS CHILDREN’S FITNESS INITIATIVE
- Find the perfect Christmas dinner in Cahernane House Hotel
- Local Produce Shines on Greene's New Winter Menu
- Hooked's Anthony Gray. Confident in Challenging Ti...
- Blog Policy
Friday, October 25, 2013
Bunnyconnellan's Michael off to Amsterdam as Irish Star Serve champion
Blarney Castle Hotel, SoHo and Barry's also shine at Heineken event.
Michael O’Sullivan, winner of Heineken Star Serve Award 2013 pictured at the Heineken Star Serve Awards final in The Savoy Theatre, Cork. Michael will compete and represent Ireland in the Global Pint Pouring Championships next month alongside 22 other international markets in Amsterdam. Heineken Star Serve celebrates the perfectly poured pint of Heineken every time.
Michael was elated with the news “I’m absolutely delighted. I take real pride in my job and put passion into giving good service so having that recognised by Heineken Star Serve is a true honour!”
Representing his country on the global stage doesn’t faze the Cork man in the slightest - “I can’t wait! Being hosted in the home of Heineken and getting to pour the perfect pour in the place where it all began while representing my country is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m going to enjoy every minute.”
Michael wasn’t the only Cork hero however. Local Cork bars shone brightly on the night when The Blarney Castle Hotel and John O'Sullivan's Bar picked up special awards for demonstrating Best Customer Service Experience in the industry while SoHo and Barry’s of Douglas Bar scooped the Best Star Serve Bar awards. Well done to all and best of luck to Michael!