|Jack (left) and Timmy|
- Griffins of Dripsey Join Dessert Festival Fun
- Mitchelstown Old Butter Road Event This Weekend!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Munster Wine & Dine. Gubbeen Visit Update!
- Family fun at Westport Food Festival
- The Return of the Campo Viejo Tapas Trail
- A Beginner's Guide To Kitchen Knife Techniques
- Herb Marinated Lamb Chops with Asparagus, Lemon, a...
- GREEN SPACE TO PARTNER MARKET LANE GROUP TO REDUCE FOOD MILES AND FOOD WASTE
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Emporium Raising the Bar in Cork
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- The C.A.T. is out!
- Blog Policy
Thursday, June 30, 2011
MCCARTHY’S OF KANTURK
When Queen Elizabeth visited Ireland recently, McCarthy’s black pudding was served at the state banquet. It was chosen because of the quality and flavour imparted by fresh blood from free range pigs, coarse Macroom Oatmeal, fresh cream and butter from North Cork Dairy and Midleton Special Reserve Whiskey.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
O’CONNOR’S BUTCHERS (MAYFIELD)
Cormac O’Connor’s Butcher Shop has been providing a fine service for the people of Mayfield for quite a few years now. It is well situated, at the bottom of Silverheights and close to our Lady Crowned Credit Union. The shop is always clean and well lit and has its own parking. There is quite a selection of meats there and the service is invariably good.
O’Connor recently hit the foodie headlines when his Glazed Ham was chosen, with some Ballymaloe products, among others, to feed the hungry crews of the Clipper 09-10 race on Lapps Quay. They have now left these shores but O’Connor’s local customers will keep the flag flying!
Check out my review of O'Connor Butchers - I am cork - on Qype
Pic: St Joseph's Park, just across the road from O'Connor's