|Jack (left) and Timmy|
- Dockland now open on Lapp’s Quay
- Willy Wonka Booze Factory ages 94-point whiskey in...
- “Tum Ease” is Listowel Judges’ Cup of Tea
- Cork & Kerry Agree Local Produce is Better
- Barnabrow Gourmet Evening. Always a Special One!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Quinola Mothergrain News. Includes 5 quinoa recipe...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Over €6000 was raised for 2 charities in Griffins 5th Annual Charity Cycle
- KeepCup. Keep Reusing. October is the Month to sta...
- Taste Cork Week 2017
- Blog Policy
Thursday, June 30, 2011
MCCARTHY’S OF KANTURK
When Queen Elizabeth visited Ireland recently, McCarthy’s black pudding was served at the state banquet. It was chosen because of the quality and flavour imparted by fresh blood from free range pigs, coarse Macroom Oatmeal, fresh cream and butter from North Cork Dairy and Midleton Special Reserve Whiskey.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
O’CONNOR’S BUTCHERS (MAYFIELD)
Cormac O’Connor’s Butcher Shop has been providing a fine service for the people of Mayfield for quite a few years now. It is well situated, at the bottom of Silverheights and close to our Lady Crowned Credit Union. The shop is always clean and well lit and has its own parking. There is quite a selection of meats there and the service is invariably good.
O’Connor recently hit the foodie headlines when his Glazed Ham was chosen, with some Ballymaloe products, among others, to feed the hungry crews of the Clipper 09-10 race on Lapps Quay. They have now left these shores but O’Connor’s local customers will keep the flag flying!
Check out my review of O'Connor Butchers - I am cork - on Qype
Pic: St Joseph's Park, just across the road from O'Connor's