- Pork Crackling with an Irish Twist. Scratch My Por...
- Wild & Vital ~ Forage, Make, Taste & Learn
- 'FOOD RESCUE' at BALLYVOLANE HOUSE
- HERE NOW! TIO PEPE EN RAMA 2017
- Killarney’s Newest Private Dining Venue - The Pict...
- Clonakilty Walking Food Tour Returns This Summer
- Munster Wine & Dine. Wine Tasting Next!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- World Whiskey Day's Just Ahead!
- Protect our pubs!
- CIT Culinary Arts Students Showcase Unique New Foo...
- Beaujolais trade tasting comes back to Dublin
- GEORGINA CAMPBELL 2017 IRISH BREAKFAST AWARD WINNE...
- Festival Launch of the Old Butter Roads Food Trail...
- The C.A.T. is out!
- On the Pig's Back to open for Sunday brunch/lunch!...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Domaine des Anges white 2009, AOC Ventoux, 14%, €13.30 (Karwig)
This is a blend of Roussanne, Grenache blanc, Bourboulenc and Clairette. Colour is a pale honey, clean with hints of green. The pleasantly aromatic nose is full of promise: there are pears for sure, maybe light citrus also, and overall it is really lovely to
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
From the right bank of the Dordogne comes a French winner, at once a reminder to me that Bergerac Sec can match if not outplay Bordeaux Sec and also that the French can outplay many of their New World rivals in a field where the newcomers are seen to have an edge.
I’m talking here about the Semillon Sauvignon Blanc (SSB) and in particular about one that I bought in the Dordogne last year.
Chateau Laulerie Montravel Sec 2009, SSB, 12%,
Colour is an inviting clean pale honey with a white fruit nose. In the mouth, the apple, pear and gooseberry make it tingle and tangle. It is dry but also fruity, perhaps closer to medium dry than full on Sec. Unexpectedly quite impressed with this from http://www.vignoblesdubard.com
The Chateau’s own tasting notes: On the nose, this white wine combines gooseberry, exotic fruit and peach. The palate is rich and generous, with a fresh, tasty finish and a fruity after-taste.