- The Real Wine Fair lands in Ireland!
- Cask Brings Top London Drinks Lab to Cork for One ...
- Cork Penny Dinners set to benefit from MII's "The Ringmasters Ball"
- MONTENOTTE AFTERNOON TEA CELEBRATES ALL THINGS COR...
- Mescan launch the first of the ‘Seven Virtues’ bee...
- SUPERVALU LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE GRAHAM NORTON IRISH GIN...
- VALENTINE’S WEEKEND IN THE MARBLE CITY
- Gold Award for Cahernane House
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY: SPRINT DIGITAL
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
- Top Posts, last 12 months
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
THE GOOD FOOD SHOP
The Good Food Shop is a regular call when I’m in the English Market. The stock and variety here is huge, everything from organic chocolate to smoked duck.
Today I was on the lookout for coffee and found a selection, both of type and sizes. In the end, I settled for an organic Italian Roast and Ground with a promise of “dark, rich and gorgeous”. Cost of 227 gms of this Fairtrade (Equal Exchange) product was €4.94.
I’ve always found the staff here helpful and courteous and indeed knowledgeable, as one often has to request the location of a product in the narrow aisles of the shop. Today I found the coffee myself and the till service was friendly.
Funnily enough, I’ve never been able to find the Good Food Shop on the list of stalls on the market website at http://www.corkenglishmarket.ie/ Checked again today, no change. Mystery!