- Unique All Ireland Collaboration. Two Great Pionee...
- Songs of Joy as Griffin's turn on the lights next ...
- New Zealand Winegrowers 2019 Sommelier Scholarship...
- Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year winner is Jack ...
- O'Mahony's Butchers Launches New Click & Collect W...
- Unveiling World Class Shopping Destination. Dunnes...
- Barnabrow. The Christmas Pudding with surPRIZES!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Menu at Waterford's La Bohe...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Irish food on global stage at Breeders’ Cup World ...
- Franciscan Well Brewpub Celebrates 20 Years Pourin...
- Mescan Brewery founders receive knighthoods in Bel...
- Cooking with Beer. Three Recipes!
- FrancisCAN Well Gone Can Mad
- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Blog Policy
- FLAVOURS OF NEW ZEALAND – 2019 Annual Trade Tastin...
Sunday, June 26, 2011
TASTEFEST CORK 2011
The sun blazed down as Cork’s inaugural Tastefest finished with a flourish in Fitzgerald’s Park on Sunday. Many families came out to support the food festival and at times there were buggy jams on the paths!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
TASTEFEST CORK SHOWCASES BEST OF
CORK’S RESTAURANTS AND LOCAL PRODUCERS
Details have been announced of TasteFest www.tastefest.ie - Cork’s latest Festival of food, drink and culture - taking place over four days in Fitzgerald Park, Cork from 23rd-26th June.......
This is a unique event, bringing together the very best in food, wine, beverage and Irish culture. The Festival will provide Cork foodies and visitors with an opportunity to experience the wide diversity that is on offer from indigenous suppliers combined with the best of both Irish and International Cuisine.
The launch reception, at Electric, was attended by guests of honour The Lord Mayor of Cork, Cllr Michael O’Connell and his wife Catherine.
According to Ernest Cantillon of Electric Restaurant & Bar, one of the main organisers of the festival and hosts of this evening’s reception, “There has been a lot of talk around Cork over the past couple of years about establishing a high quality, reasonably priced food event in the City, to encourage people to eat out more often and to provide an enjoyable social gathering for those who enjoy quality food and wine”.
“TasteFest gives over 15 of Cork’s top quality restaurants a unique opportunity to expand their client base in the most effective way possible; by allowing new customers to sample their signature dishes in a convivial atmosphere.”
TasteFest Cork will also provide a rare opportunity for food and wine establishments, suppliers of food and beverages as well as retail brands, cookery schools, artists and entertainers to promote their products to a captive audience.
There will also be a number of cookery demonstrations from leading celebrity chefs such as Rachel Allen, Conrad Gallagher and Andrew Rudd, as well as chefs from many of the leading Cork restaurants participating.
The event takes place in the beautiful surroundings of Fitzgerald Park, where a selection of musicians and performers will make a visit to TasteFest a memorable occasion.
TasteFest is supported by Fáilte Ireland and Bord Bia and by the Irish Examiner and Cork’s 96FM as media partners. Fáilte Ireland is promoting its ‘Place on a Plate’ program which gives visitors a sense of where they are through the food they eat.
Cork people love their food and are proud of the rich and diverse number of excellent restaurants and local producers from throughout the county. Supported by Cork City Council, The Restaurants Association of Ireland and the Vintners’ Association, TasteFest Cork has already signed up some leading Cork restaurants, to include Amicus, Augustines, Boardwalk Bar & Grill, Electric Bar & Restaurant, Hayfield Manor Hotel, Isaac’s, The Ivory Tower, Liberty Grill, Rising Tide, Sage, Springfort Hall Country House, the Club Brasserie and The Cornstore.
Barry & Fitzwilliam Ltd and Heineken Ireland have also committed to TasteFest, along with a number of top-class exhibitors including Ballymaloe Country Relish, Clonakilty Black Pudding, Cooleeney Cheese Company, Cully and Sully and Kerry Spring Water. More details will follow in the coming weeks.
Tickets for TasteFest are available from as little as €10 for advance bookings on www.tastefest.ie