- Songs of Joy as Griffin's turn on the lights next ...
- New Zealand Winegrowers 2019 Sommelier Scholarship...
- Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year winner is Jack ...
- O'Mahony's Butchers Launches New Click & Collect W...
- Unveiling World Class Shopping Destination. Dunnes...
- Barnabrow. The Christmas Pudding with surPRIZES!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Menu at Waterford's La Bohe...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Irish food on global stage at Breeders’ Cup World ...
- Franciscan Well Brewpub Celebrates 20 Years Pourin...
- Mescan Brewery founders receive knighthoods in Bel...
- Cooking with Beer. Three Recipes!
- FrancisCAN Well Gone Can Mad
- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Dress up Fancy for Saturday's Killavullen Farmers ...
- Cork’s Cask Bar and Greenes Restaurant Win Top Awa...
- West Cork Underwater Search & Rescue Fundraising G...
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Blog Policy
- FLAVOURS OF NEW ZEALAND – 2019 Annual Trade Tastin...
Saturday, September 17, 2011
SKILLOGALEE WINE-MAKER DINNER AT BALLYMALOE
Wine with a smile
Clare Valley wine-maker Dave Palmer (above, right) and his wife Diana were in Ballymaloe this weekend introducing some of his wines during a top notch five course meal. The Wales born one time economist delivered his to the point information with a great deal of practical insight (as you’d expect) and also with a large measure of sparkling humour.
Of course, we did start with their
Friday, September 2, 2011
Winemaker Dinner at Ballymaloe House
with owner/winemaker Dave Palmer, Skillogalee, Clare Valley
8pm, Friday 16th September, 2011
Skillogalee is a small family-owned, highly acclaimed, award-winning boutique winery, owned and run by winemaker Dave Palmer (pictured), and his family, set amongst wooded hills in one of the most picturesque parts of the Clare Valley, in South Australia.
Ballymaloe's Colm McCann: "We are delighted to be welcoming Dave Palmer to Ballymaloe, for his first ever winemaker dinner to be held in this part of Ireland, with a great line-up of his wines for the evening – from Sparkling wine, to dry whites, rosé, red wines, and a sweet wine to finish off the evening!
The wines include a Sparkling Wine; a Dry Riesling and the Reserve ‘Trevarrick’ Riesling (sealed under Vino-lok; a glass stopper); a Gewurztraminer; a Rosé; a Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc – labeled ‘The Cabernets’; a Shiraz; and a Liquer Muscat, with a menu to match."
‘Our favourite South Australian winery’ Lonely Planet
‘5 star wines; delicious, complex, and multi-dimensional’ – Decanter Magazine, September issue, 2011
‘Australian Top 100’ – Matthew Jukes
Friday 16th September, 8pm,
€75 including dinner and wines.
Special rate available also for accommodation.
Ballymaloe House, Shanagarry, Co. Cork,
Tel: 021 4652531 email@example.com