- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Learn to Make Your Own Pizza At Killavullen Market...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Saturday, September 17, 2011
SKILLOGALEE WINE-MAKER DINNER AT BALLYMALOE
Wine with a smile
Clare Valley wine-maker Dave Palmer (above, right) and his wife Diana were in Ballymaloe this weekend introducing some of his wines during a top notch five course meal. The Wales born one time economist delivered his to the point information with a great deal of practical insight (as you’d expect) and also with a large measure of sparkling humour.
Of course, we did start with their
Friday, September 2, 2011
Winemaker Dinner at Ballymaloe House
with owner/winemaker Dave Palmer, Skillogalee, Clare Valley
8pm, Friday 16th September, 2011
Skillogalee is a small family-owned, highly acclaimed, award-winning boutique winery, owned and run by winemaker Dave Palmer (pictured), and his family, set amongst wooded hills in one of the most picturesque parts of the Clare Valley, in South Australia.
Ballymaloe's Colm McCann: "We are delighted to be welcoming Dave Palmer to Ballymaloe, for his first ever winemaker dinner to be held in this part of Ireland, with a great line-up of his wines for the evening – from Sparkling wine, to dry whites, rosé, red wines, and a sweet wine to finish off the evening!
The wines include a Sparkling Wine; a Dry Riesling and the Reserve ‘Trevarrick’ Riesling (sealed under Vino-lok; a glass stopper); a Gewurztraminer; a Rosé; a Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc – labeled ‘The Cabernets’; a Shiraz; and a Liquer Muscat, with a menu to match."
‘Our favourite South Australian winery’ Lonely Planet
‘5 star wines; delicious, complex, and multi-dimensional’ – Decanter Magazine, September issue, 2011
‘Australian Top 100’ – Matthew Jukes
Friday 16th September, 8pm,
€75 including dinner and wines.
Special rate available also for accommodation.
Ballymaloe House, Shanagarry, Co. Cork,
Tel: 021 4652531 email@example.com