- Market Lane ‘Chef Sessions’ Pops Up with ‘Food Jou...
- Munster Wine & Dine Circle. 2019 April Trip
- Argentine Wine Fair. Elegance doesn’t need perf...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Are you a Rebel or a Chieftain?
- The RACK ‘EM UP SERIES from Eight Degrees Brewing
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Kilkenny Hot...
- West Cork Food and Top Italian Wines to feature at...
- SLIGO FOOD TOURS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS THIS SUMME...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Treat your Mum this Mother’s Day with a Special Lu...
- Inspirational women of Sligo Food Trail
- Launch of Cork School Garden Project
- GEORGIAN WINE COMES TO DUBLIN
- CAHERNANE HOUSE SET FOR FURTHER €1.3M. RENOVATION
- Top Posts, last 6 months
- Cork targets French tourists
- Calorie counting “will cable tie the hands of che...
- THE WORLD’S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS AWARDS
- Maryborough Hotel Food & Wine Evening Friday March 8th
- Blog Policy
Saturday, September 17, 2011
SKILLOGALEE WINE-MAKER DINNER AT BALLYMALOE
Wine with a smile
Clare Valley wine-maker Dave Palmer (above, right) and his wife Diana were in Ballymaloe this weekend introducing some of his wines during a top notch five course meal. The Wales born one time economist delivered his to the point information with a great deal of practical insight (as you’d expect) and also with a large measure of sparkling humour.
Of course, we did start with their
Friday, September 2, 2011
Winemaker Dinner at Ballymaloe House
with owner/winemaker Dave Palmer, Skillogalee, Clare Valley
8pm, Friday 16th September, 2011
Skillogalee is a small family-owned, highly acclaimed, award-winning boutique winery, owned and run by winemaker Dave Palmer (pictured), and his family, set amongst wooded hills in one of the most picturesque parts of the Clare Valley, in South Australia.
Ballymaloe's Colm McCann: "We are delighted to be welcoming Dave Palmer to Ballymaloe, for his first ever winemaker dinner to be held in this part of Ireland, with a great line-up of his wines for the evening – from Sparkling wine, to dry whites, rosé, red wines, and a sweet wine to finish off the evening!
The wines include a Sparkling Wine; a Dry Riesling and the Reserve ‘Trevarrick’ Riesling (sealed under Vino-lok; a glass stopper); a Gewurztraminer; a Rosé; a Cabernet Sauvignon/Cabernet Franc – labeled ‘The Cabernets’; a Shiraz; and a Liquer Muscat, with a menu to match."
‘Our favourite South Australian winery’ Lonely Planet
‘5 star wines; delicious, complex, and multi-dimensional’ – Decanter Magazine, September issue, 2011
‘Australian Top 100’ – Matthew Jukes
Friday 16th September, 8pm,
€75 including dinner and wines.
Special rate available also for accommodation.
Ballymaloe House, Shanagarry, Co. Cork,
Tel: 021 4652531 firstname.lastname@example.org