- Mescan Brewery’s second Virtue is a sell-out. JP M...
- September Dates for Murphy’s Cork Oyster and Seafo...
- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
THE RIVERVIEW CAFE
Made an unscheduled coffee stop at the Riverview Cafe in Fitzgerald’s Park this morning. Just a handful of people there about the 10.45am mark, thought there might have been more.
A cup of coffee and a croissant cost me €5.00 and I took it to an outside table in the sun. An inquisitive robin (photo) perched alongside and stayed a few minutes, eventually declining the few crumbs I’d placed in his direction.
Coffee and croissant were fine and the break enjoyable.
This cafe by the way is open seven days a week and quite central to the attractions in the area.
Tel: 021 427 95 73
Friday, December 4, 2009
Fitzgerald’s Park may be soggy and the Cork City Museum may be closed but the floods haven’t beaten the Riverview cafe and it is open for business.
Had a stroll though the park this morning and called in for coffee and a scone, cost €4.30. Not the cheapest. But service and quality was good in the uncrowded venue. It was getting busier as I left.
In busy times, you have the opportunity of ordering online (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone.
Check out my review of Riverview Cafe - I am cork - on Qype More pics from the park at http://corkandabout.blogspot.com/