- Market Lane ‘Chef Sessions’ Pops Up with ‘Food Jou...
- Munster Wine & Dine Circle. 2019 April Trip
- Argentine Wine Fair. Elegance doesn’t need perf...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Are you a Rebel or a Chieftain?
- The RACK ‘EM UP SERIES from Eight Degrees Brewing
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Kilkenny Hot...
- West Cork Food and Top Italian Wines to feature at...
- SLIGO FOOD TOURS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS THIS SUMME...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Treat your Mum this Mother’s Day with a Special Lu...
- Inspirational women of Sligo Food Trail
- Launch of Cork School Garden Project
- GEORGIAN WINE COMES TO DUBLIN
- CAHERNANE HOUSE SET FOR FURTHER €1.3M. RENOVATION
- Top Posts, last 6 months
- Cork targets French tourists
- Calorie counting “will cable tie the hands of che...
- THE WORLD’S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS AWARDS
- Maryborough Hotel Food & Wine Evening Friday March 8th
- Blog Policy
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
How to make the best of Horgan’s ‘Blas na hEireann’ award winners,
their Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef and Pastrami.
Horgan’s Delicatessen Supplies, based in Mitchelstown (North Cork), has scooped two awards at the 6th annual ‘Blas na hEireann’ National Irish Food Awards (2013). The prestigious ‘Blas na hEireann’ Awards celebrate and reward the very best in Irish food and drink products; acknowledging the passionate producers of these top class products.
Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef and Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami were awarded best in the charcuterie (cured meat) category. Following on from their success at the Great Taste awards where Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami was awarded a gold two star and Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef, gold one star.
Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef and Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami are both derived from a family recipe which uses only the highest quality ingredients. The beef is aged for at least 14 days prior to roasting and is then seasoned simply with sea salt and cracked black pepper. The pastrami is cured and cooked before being coated with cracked black peppercorns. Available at deli counters around the country as well as pre-packaged for convenience and freshness, these gourmet meats are ideal for charcuterie boards and are a great staple for salads, sandwiches or even Sunday dinners.
On receiving these awards, Michael Horgan, Managing Director of Horgan’s Delicatessen Supplies said “Our Irish Angus Beef is renowned for its superior taste, succulence and flavour. A lot of care goes into our meat products and we believe that care is the key ingredient in producing these delicious meats. The marbling and texture of Angus beef ensure natural tenderness and flavour. Winning these awards just copper-fastens the quality of our products.”
“Honey Roast Limerick Ham won the Gold Award which is a twin product of the Horgan’s Honey Baked (boneless) half ham - a perfect accompaniment for the turkey at Christmas time!” Michael added.
Recipes using Horgan’s award winning Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami and Roast Beef.
Horgan’s award winning Pastrami and Roast Beef Meat Feast: Cut a crispy white bap in half and spread some Dijon mustard on both sides. Place a slice of Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami on the bottom. Chop some red onions and tomatoes and place them on the bap. Add a slice of Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef and top with some spicy Monterey jack cheese. Add some streaky bacon if desired and some romaine lettuce. This sandwich is no less than a two hand job!
Horan’s Pastrami and Beef Italian Stew: A welcome alternative to Irish Stew. Dice Horgan’s Irish Angus Silverside Pastrami and Roast beef into bite size pieces. Slow boil in a pan with half a cup of water, sea salt, cracked black pepper and a pinch of cayenne. Fry off some chopped onion, sweet red bell peppers, garlic and mushrooms and add to the pan. Cut sweet potatoes into generous chunks and add to the mixture. Add tobacco or peri peri sauce and season to taste.
Charcuterie Platter: A charcuterie plate is a dinner party favourite. The best thing about a charcuterie platter is that is completely flexible and allows you to use your imagination; after all, people eat with their eyes. Use a combination of Horgan’s award winning Irish Angus Silverside Roast Beef and Pastrami. Add some different cheeses, spicy hummus and crispy bread rolls or crackers for a charcuterie platter that will go down a storm at your next dinner party.