- Cask Brings Top London Drinks Lab to Cork for One ...
- Cork Penny Dinners set to benefit from MII's "The Ringmasters Ball"
- MONTENOTTE AFTERNOON TEA CELEBRATES ALL THINGS COR...
- Mescan launch the first of the ‘Seven Virtues’ bee...
- SUPERVALU LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE GRAHAM NORTON IRISH GIN...
- VALENTINE’S WEEKEND IN THE MARBLE CITY
- Gold Award for Cahernane House
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY: SPRINT DIGITAL
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Bollywood New Year's Eve Theme at Richy's
- The Spirit of Christmas Alive and Well in Cork!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Friday, December 30, 2016
It was preserved in the oral history, the demise of the great Chinook spawn along the Saint Lawrence, a lifecycle disturbed by the presence of outsiders. It was carried with the natives, the memory of fish, in song and story.
What you had to do, in your most solemn appeal, was pray to the wolf, the bear and the eagle, seek alternatives, abstain and let a species recover. In so doing, you nourished the inner spirit, humanity following nature, and not the other way around.
from The Death of All Things Seen by Michael Collins (2016). Highly Recommended.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Harriet Tindal has been in touch with details of the WSET courses they will be holding up till Easter. All held at the central location of The Westbury Hotel.
"We are trying to make these classes as informative as possible and hence include visiting producers whenever the dates marry up. We have an oak talk from the winemaker at Ramon Bilbao in our Level 3 in a couple of weeks and recently welcomed Adrian Buhrer from Saxenburg to talk about his experiences of the South African trade."
Level 2 Intermediate in Wines & Spirits
14th,21st and 28th November 11
10th, 17th, 24th, 31st January 12 &
7th, 14th and 21st February 12
Course Costs: €430
Payment scheme available:
Deposit €150, then 7 weekly payments of €40 (Evenings)
Level 3 Advanced
09.30 – 17.00
30th January, 6th, 13th, 20th & 27thFebruary 12
Available by request.