- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- The Festival of Prosecco 2019
- Blog Policy
Friday, July 9, 2010
THE IDAHO CAFE
Downtown for a few hours today, principally to say Bon Voyage to the Clipper 09-10 race as the ten racing boats left the city quays on the last leg of their 35,000 mile trip around the world.
Took a walk in the rain over to the Idaho Cafe for a slightly early lunch. I choose the Potato and Gubbeen Cheese with Bacon and was glad that I did. I could have eaten the Morris Piper potatoes on their own but, mixed with the Gubbeen, the combination was unbeatable.
The Cafe is small but comfortable enough. Service is friendly and efficient and the cooking is top class. My main course, with a small salad, cost €11.00.