- April Danann: Fermentation is Life!
- Munster Wine & Dine Reminder on upcoming events 2017
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- NEW YORKER FINE LAGER BEER
- Dublin's newest whiskey venture launched
- The First Food Academy Programme Of 2017
- Food safety: simpler rules proposed for small reta...
- Ireland’s first branded Irish cream liqueur launched
- Jonathan Keller crowned winner of the European Che...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Blog Policy
- Irish consumers look forward to World Pi(e) Day
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Hard times? Let Hardwood come to the rescue. Every Tuesday and Wednesday evening, the Pope’s Quay venue is offering you a three course meal for just €20.00.
Called there last night and was well pleased. Started with Steamed Castletownbere Mussels, served with a generous Burgundy Roast Garlic Tomato “soup” and good brown bread.
Then to the main course. One was Braised Rustic Pork Hock, slow cooked pork shank served with rustic roast potato and onion with white wine steamed cabbage. The other was Cod with Pak Choi, Rice Balls with feta and a mango reduction. Both were different and each was gorgeous. Quite impressive.
The third course was a scoop of ice-cream and that is exactly what we got. Nothing special but a nicely flavoured scoop that went down well.
Overall, a fine meal for the price and one that would give you confidence that the skills are there to deliver on their a la carte from Thursday through Sunday. Service was friendly and efficient.