Your guide to the perfect Christmas dinner with Cahernane House Hotel Head Chef Eric Kavanagh
FESTIVE CELEBRATIONS AND CULINARY DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNEY, CO. KERRY
Cahernane House Hotel in Killarney is fast becoming known as a ‘foodie’ heaven. The country house hotel set on the edge of Killarney National Park in Co. Kerry was recently shortlisted in the Condé Nast top 3 hotels for ‘Best Dining Experience UK & Ireland’. Cork native, Eric Kavanagh is the Executive Chef at Cahernane House and leads a talented team in the kitchen at the distinguished 2 AA Rosette Herbert Restaurant in the hotel. The food served at Cahernane is very impressive without being fussy. ‘Minimal fuss but maximum taste, is our mantra in the kitchen,” says Eric. “We like the ingredients to speak for themselves and are very conscious of using local, in season produce.”
Set on 6.4 acres of mature grounds, the stunning 40-bedroom Cahernane House Hotel sets the scene for festive celebrations with its open log fires, elegant drawing rooms and original antiques. One could very easily imagine that the house is indeed their own ‘private Downton Abbey’. This stunning manor house is steeped in history and was originally built in 1877 but has since been restored to all its original grandeur by the PREM Group who bought the property in 2016. In recent times over €6.5 million has been spent on the property which has seen each of the manor rooms being completely renovated and restored. The renovation programme also included the complete renovation of the 26 guest rooms in the hotel’s Garden Wing and the refurbishment of the original Cellar Bar.
You could enjoy a post festive break in the Kingdom with the Cahernane House Hotel One-Night Christmas package for two (€145 per person sharing). This food lovers package includes a delightful five-course dining experience with the wine of your choice in the Herbert Restaurant and a late check out the following morning. Available on selected dates from December 27th – 30th.
There is also no better place to ring in the New Year than the toasty confines of Cahernane, who will host a brilliant New Year’s Celebration on December 31st (€215 per person sharing). Guests will enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail reception before tucking in to a delicious 7-course tasting menu in the Herbert Restaurant. There will also be live music in the drawing room on New Year’s Eve, where complimentary champagne will be served to ring in 2019 in style.
An exclusive Christmas Party Package for groups of 10 or more is also available from now until December 15th, with a luxury overnight stay kicked off by mulled wine on arrival, before guests enjoy a private Christmas Party in the Herbert Restaurant featuring a five-course menu. A full Irish breakfast is also provided the following morning, (total package price, €140 per person sharing). For more information or to make a booking log on to www.cahernane.com or call (064) 6631895.
- SECRET ROMANCE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNEY...
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Waterford Hotel
- YellowBelly Beer Launch Free Guide to Cooking with...
- EGG CELLENT EASTER FAMILY BREAKS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Killybegs' Seafood Shack is awarded best Chowder i...
- Eggs for Anytime. Chefs’ Recipe Competition
- Champagne Evening at The Hayfield
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- A Michelin Starred Chocolate Experience at Cliff H...
- Liberty Wines to distribute Champagne Houses Piper...
- Keep Cork Meeting Event Next Week!
- O'Brien Wine Festival - Spring 2019
- You too can brew … on a Mescan Brewery brew course...
- Glittering night at the Food Oscars for Sligo Food...
- Yellow Belly, Black Donkey & White Deer add colour...
- New Douglas branch opened by rapidly expanding fudi&more
- Mothers’ Day memories from Chef Alan Fitzmaurice
- Market Lane ‘Chef Sessions’ Pops Up with ‘Food Jou...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Blog Policy