Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny has a great value, ‘Winter Warmer’ package on offer now for anyone looking for a luxurious escape away. Set amid 170 acres of mature parkland and just 1.2 kilometres from the medieval city of Kilkenny, Lyrath Estate sets the scene for a truly luxurious winter get away. The Winter Warmer Break includes two nights bed and breakfast and dinner on one evening in either the fine dining, Yew Restaurant or the casual chic setting of The Grill & Bar as well as an elegant ‘Cream Tea’ for two (from €155 per person sharing).
The parklands at Lyrath Estate are transformed into a winter wonderland at this time of year as the mature trees take on the russet tones of autumn and the morning frost lightly dusts the lawns and formal gardens. There are numerous private walkways and trails throughout the grounds and guests are often accompanied by one of the waggy tailed resident dogs on their stroll.
A €5 million investment was recently completed to stunning effect at Lyrath Estate. All of the bedrooms have been upgraded, a new restaurant was created, all of the public areas have been completely redecorated and extensive works have been done outside including the addition of a playground and the addition of a stunning outdoor dining and BBQ area.
The hotel itself has been built around an elegant 17th century house which has been returned to its former glory through sympathetic preservation and now features lots of the original features and furniture. The drama of the old house and the clean, contemporary design of the new hotel are blended seamlessly.
If the weather proves to be inclement there are plenty of activities to keep you occupied. A private 22-seater cinema is on site, just the spot to watch a romantic movie, while the leisure centre, gym and multi award winning Oasis Spa is just the spot to unwind. If that all sounds like a bit too much like work, then you can enjoy a pint of the black stuff by the fire in Tupper’s Bar!
To book your winter break away now see www.lyrath.com or call (056) 7760088
- The Long Table Walk Goes On Again This Mid-Summer
- SECRET ROMANCE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLARNEY...
- PREM Group Invests over €1 million in Waterford Hotel
- YellowBelly Beer Launch Free Guide to Cooking with...
- EGG CELLENT EASTER FAMILY BREAKS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Killybegs' Seafood Shack is awarded best Chowder i...
- Eggs for Anytime. Chefs’ Recipe Competition
- Champagne Evening at The Hayfield
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- A Michelin Starred Chocolate Experience at Cliff H...
- Liberty Wines to distribute Champagne Houses Piper...
- Keep Cork Meeting Event Next Week!
- O'Brien Wine Festival - Spring 2019
- You too can brew … on a Mescan Brewery brew course...
- Glittering night at the Food Oscars for Sligo Food...
- Yellow Belly, Black Donkey & White Deer add colour...
- New Douglas branch opened by rapidly expanding fudi&more
- Mothers’ Day memories from Chef Alan Fitzmaurice
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Blog Policy