- SuperValu announces Spectacular Italian Wine Sale....
- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Blog Policy
Treat your Mum this Mother’s Day with a Special Lunch at Greenes
Treat your Mum this Mother’s Day with a
Special Lunch and Tasting Menu at Greenes Restaurant
Multi-award-winning Greenes Restaurant in Cork city is pulling out all the stops this Mother’s Day with a special five course lunch tasting menu - the perfect way to spoil your Mum this year!
The Mother’s Day Lunch Tasting Menu is designed by executive head chef Bryan McCarthy and will be available exclusively on Sunday, March 31st. As an extra treat, all mothers dining at Greenes on Mother’s Day will be given a little gift from Waterford-based artisan bakers Lismore Food Company to take home with them.
Bryan McCarthy said, “We have put a lot of love and care into this menu, and look forward to welcoming families into Greenes this Mother’s Day to enjoy a delicious meal as they celebrate their mum and spend some quality time together as a family.”
Bryan recognises the uniqueness and quality of the outstanding ingredients that are available in Ireland, and this is reflected in his five course tasting menu which is innovative, modern and devoted to local, seasonal, foraged and organic ingredients.
The five course tasting menu will begin with Greenes Seasonal Snacks and Selection of House Breads, followed by dishes of Ardsallagh Goats Cheese, Salt Roast Beetroot, Walnut, Raisin, Spelt Crisp, Scurvy Grass; Kelp Poached Cod Loin, Dashi Cream, Smoked Sausage, Sea Vegetables, Dillisk; Lime and Basil Sorbet, Green Strawberry Kefir; and Skeaghanore Duck, Carrot, Fermented Barley, Kale, Smoked Almond, Watercress. For a sweet end to the meal, diners will indulge in a special Mother’s Day dessert of Lismore Food Company and Kilbrack Organic Apple Cheesecake, Apple Sorbet, Dark Chocolate Apple Sticks.
The cost of the Mother’s Day Lunch Tasting Menu is €45 euro per person and is available exclusively on Sunday the 31st of March from 12.30pm to 2.15pm.
A wine pairing is also available which is carefully selected by Greenes’ manager and sommelier Frank Schiltkamp.
For those looking to whisk their Mum away for the ultimate Mother’s Day experience, Greenes has teamed up with their boutique property, Hotel Isaacs, to offer a special Mother’s Day Overnight Package. This includes the five course lunch tasting menu at Greenes plus one night’s accommodation on Mother’s Day (Sunday 31st March) in a Deluxe Room at Hotel Isaacs with breakfast the following morning for €259 per couple sharing.
Bookings can be made for the Mother’s Day Lunch Tasting Menu via www.greenesrestaurant.com or 021 455 2279.
Bookings can be made for the Mother’s Day Overnight Package via firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 450 0011.