- Cask Brings Top London Drinks Lab to Cork for One ...
- Cork Penny Dinners set to benefit from MII's "The Ringmasters Ball"
- MONTENOTTE AFTERNOON TEA CELEBRATES ALL THINGS COR...
- Mescan launch the first of the ‘Seven Virtues’ bee...
- SUPERVALU LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE GRAHAM NORTON IRISH GIN...
- VALENTINE’S WEEKEND IN THE MARBLE CITY
- Gold Award for Cahernane House
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY: SPRINT DIGITAL
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Bollywood New Year's Eve Theme at Richy's
- The Spirit of Christmas Alive and Well in Cork!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2019
The Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2019
The Cask Ales and Strange Brew Festival
31st of January to the 2nd of February
Now in it’s 7th year, the Franciscan Well’s Cask Ales and Strange Brew Festival is the first beer gathering of 2019, running from Thursday the 31st of January to Saturday the 2nd of February.
The festival celebrates cask conditioned ales from a variety of Irish brewers and also show cases their growing experimentation & their ability to challenge the norms of brewing by hosting a range of special brews using curious and interesting ingredients.
‘Cask beer has become increasing more popular, the beer is much lower in carbonation and is served at room temperature which allows the beers full flavour to shine through’ says Kate Clancy, Marketing Manger of the brewpub.
Lough Gill, Dot Brew, West Cork Brewery & 9 White Dear are just some of the breweries at the festival with over 20 cask engines rotating a range of brews. All breweries attending will also compete in the Beoir Cask Competition which will be judged by the national beer enthusiasts club on the Saturday 1st.
As always festival goers will be able to enjoy freshly made wood fired pizzas from Pompeii, sip on the Well’s new cocktails from the MONK cocktail bar and kick back with some live entertainment.
This year the festival takes on a quirky circus theme and people are asked to watch out for some live street performers on Saturday the 2nd from 5pm.
‘Having the Strange Brew element to the festival enables us to think outside the box, so we thought, why wouldn’t hula hooping and beer go together’, laughs Kate.
The Franciscan Well, based on North Mall will play host to many key beer festivals though-out the year, such as their annual Easter Beer Festival, October festival and their newly added Fem-Ale Festival.
Admission is free and doors open at 5pm on Thursday 31st and 1pm on February 1st & 2nd