|Your guides: Hans and Gaby|
- COACH HOUSE OPENS AT KILLARNEY'S CAHERNANE HOUSE H...
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Blog Policy
SLIGO FOOD TOURS TO TAKE TO THE STREETS THIS SUMMER
SLIGO FOOD TOURS SET TO TAKE ON THE STREETS OF SLIGO THIS SUMMER
>> New 3.5 hour tour will visit 7-8 of Sligo's most inventive food establishments
>> Led by trailblazing husband and wife duo Hans & Gaby Wieland
>> First tour kicks off on Friday April 12th
Sligo Food Tours, a new venture by Hans and Gaby Wieland, is set to launch this April 2019. With a lifetime dedicated to real food, the husband and wife duo have set up a new tour business visiting Sligo’s most inventive and innovative restaurants and cafes over a 3.5 hour walking tour.
Having moved to Sligo from Germany in 1985, Hans and Gaby have been at the cutting edge of Sligo’s food revolution. Producers of organic vegetables, sourdough breads and artisan farmhouse cheeses for more than 20 years at their organic small-holding Neantog Farm, near Cliffony, they have developed relationships with cafes, restaurants health food and delicatessen shops across the Northwest.
Hans has been at the helm of Leitrim’s Organic Centre for over 20 years, and Gaby has led workshops on everything from fermenting to cheesemaking. Together, they bring their lifetime experience and interest in real, whole food, to new audiences in 2019.
Sligo Food Tours is their latest venture showcasing their favourite food hot spots in Sligo town which has seen an explosion in innovative eateries in recent years. Their main aim is to encourage visitors to experience Sligo’s real food offering, just like a local. They are committed to supporting family-run businesses, Sligo’s unique cultural icons and encouraging visitors to discover the real Sligo.
The first season of dates has been announced, kicking off on Friday, April 12th 2019. The Sligo Food Tour is the perfect opportunity to discover real local insights for the rest of a great trip to County Sligo. All tastings are included in the price of the tour, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy the delicious food experience with expert guides. One can expect to meet the proud personalities behind Sligo food, hear fascinating local stories and gain some insider knowledge on where the food comes from and how it is produced.
Gaby and Hans can’t wait to share their love for food and Sligo; they will make sure visitors don’t miss any of the delicious treats Sligo has to offer. They only work with independent small family businesses and have selected them for the quality of their offering, their story and relevance to the Irish food scene.
On a gentle 3 to 3.5 hour stroll traversing Sligo town, the tour will visit seven to eight different food businesses and will include a tasting in each place, meeting the owners and food producers. As one enjoys the food, you’ll also learn a little about the culture of Sligo’s lively and charming city from your local guide.
To coincide with the newly launched Cologne to Ireland West flight launching this summer direct into the Northwest, Sligo Food Tours will also be available in German on request. Special group booking rates are also available.
The 3.5 hour tour is priced €60pp plus booking fees and available to book via www.sligofoodtours.ie or through Sligo Tourist Office.
// ENDS //