- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour returns for another successful summer.
Experience the best tastes of the town on the Wild Atlantic Way from May to September.
Summer has arrived in West Cork, and Kate Ryan of Flavour.ie is ready to once more welcome visitors to the vibrant Atlantic town of Clonakilty for the 2019 season of The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour.
Now in its fifth year, this tasty tour of Clonakilty, approved by Fáilte Ireland, unwraps the town’s delicious food culture through a story of history, tradition, innovation and community attracting curious foodies from all over the world keen to meet the real people crafting foods treasured by locals and visitors alike.
Kate Ryan, food writer and author of “A Taste of West Cork – Artisan Food Guide”, shares her knowledge of the local food scene weaving a tale that opens up a world otherwise lost from view.
Kate says, “The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour is a fun, tasty and engaging tour connecting visitors directly with artisan food makers and bringing to life their stories. They have hundreds of years of history to draw on and centuries of skills in their hands to create delicious things for us to eat and drink, shining a light on where our food comes from.”
“West Cork has always been at the forefront of the modern Irish food movement. The quality of Irish food is recognised globally for its ability to innovate whilst preserving crafts rooted in tradition. Interest in Irish food culture is fuelling a curiosity in visitors to Ireland who are keen to learn more and understand what makes our food so special.”
“Food tourism is an influential reason why visitors choose Ireland for their holiday, and many Irish are ‘staycationing’ exploring the landscape, heritage and food on their doorstep. Our tasty tour of Clonakilty visits a wide range of food producers from butchers, bakers and bean-to-bar chocolate makers via cheese, ice-cream, craft beer and of course the bustling Clonakilty Farmers’ Market connecting visitors to the people, places and stories that make the award winning town of Clonakilty such a vibrant foodie hub.”
The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour serves up a truly authentic foodie experience to visitors - an ideal opportunity to get a real sense of the people behind some delicious, and often times unique, food being produced in the town.
To celebrate the launch of the 2019 tour season, take advantage of a special Early Bird Offer for any tour date in June when booking throughand save 12%.
When and Where does the Tour take place?
The tour takes place every Friday, rain or shine, from June – August, with additional dates in September to coincide with A Taste of West Cork Food Festival.
Places are limited and booking in advance is required before 4pm on Thursday.
Bookings can be made online at
The cost of the tour, including all the delicious things to eat, is €45 per head.
The Early Bird Offer applies to available dates in June, and must be booked via Eventbrite to avail of a 12% discount on the standard ticket price.