- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- The Festival of Prosecco 2019
- Blog Policy
The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour returns for another successful summer.
Experience the best tastes of the town on the Wild Atlantic Way from May to September.
Summer has arrived in West Cork, and Kate Ryan of Flavour.ie is ready to once more welcome visitors to the vibrant Atlantic town of Clonakilty for the 2019 season of The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour.
Now in its fifth year, this tasty tour of Clonakilty, approved by Fáilte Ireland, unwraps the town’s delicious food culture through a story of history, tradition, innovation and community attracting curious foodies from all over the world keen to meet the real people crafting foods treasured by locals and visitors alike.
Kate Ryan, food writer and author of “A Taste of West Cork – Artisan Food Guide”, shares her knowledge of the local food scene weaving a tale that opens up a world otherwise lost from view.
Kate says, “The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour is a fun, tasty and engaging tour connecting visitors directly with artisan food makers and bringing to life their stories. They have hundreds of years of history to draw on and centuries of skills in their hands to create delicious things for us to eat and drink, shining a light on where our food comes from.”
“West Cork has always been at the forefront of the modern Irish food movement. The quality of Irish food is recognised globally for its ability to innovate whilst preserving crafts rooted in tradition. Interest in Irish food culture is fuelling a curiosity in visitors to Ireland who are keen to learn more and understand what makes our food so special.”
“Food tourism is an influential reason why visitors choose Ireland for their holiday, and many Irish are ‘staycationing’ exploring the landscape, heritage and food on their doorstep. Our tasty tour of Clonakilty visits a wide range of food producers from butchers, bakers and bean-to-bar chocolate makers via cheese, ice-cream, craft beer and of course the bustling Clonakilty Farmers’ Market connecting visitors to the people, places and stories that make the award winning town of Clonakilty such a vibrant foodie hub.”
The Clonakilty Walking Food Tour serves up a truly authentic foodie experience to visitors - an ideal opportunity to get a real sense of the people behind some delicious, and often times unique, food being produced in the town.
To celebrate the launch of the 2019 tour season, take advantage of a special Early Bird Offer for any tour date in June when booking throughand save 12%.
When and Where does the Tour take place?
The tour takes place every Friday, rain or shine, from June – August, with additional dates in September to coincide with A Taste of West Cork Food Festival.
Places are limited and booking in advance is required before 4pm on Thursday.
Bookings can be made online at
The cost of the tour, including all the delicious things to eat, is €45 per head.
The Early Bird Offer applies to available dates in June, and must be booked via Eventbrite to avail of a 12% discount on the standard ticket price.