|The Gozeny Oven at Crust|
- O’Brien PR Awarded All-Ireland Business Accreditation
- Dublin Food Chain to host event today highlighting...
- How much more can the hospitality sector bear?
- SAVOUR FOOD AWARDS BEST PRACTICE IN FOOD WASTE MAN...
- COBH SCHOOL HOSTS CHILDREN’S FITNESS INITIATIVE
- Find the perfect Christmas dinner in Cahernane House Hotel
- Local Produce Shines on Greene's New Winter Menu
- Hooked's Anthony Gray. Confident in Challenging Ti...
- KENNETH MURPHY APPOINTED AS EXECUTIVE CHEF LYRATH...
- COBH SCHOOL TO HOST CHILDREN’S FITNESS INITIATIVE
- Mescan launches Beoir na Nollag Christmas Beer. Ne...
- Cask Scoops Five Awards at Irish Craft Cocktail Aw...
- Cahernane House Hotel joins Ireland’s Blue Book
- LLISH opens new café at Atkins on Carrigrohane Road.
- Cork’s Vienna Woods Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef
- Farm to Fork Scholarship for CIT Culinary Students...
- Christmas 2018 at Eight Degrees Brewing. Two Speci...
- Unique All Ireland Collaboration. Two Great Pionee...
- Songs of Joy as Griffin's turn on the lights next ...
- New Zealand Winegrowers 2019 Sommelier Scholarship...
- Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year winner is Jack ...
- O'Mahony's Butchers Launches New Click & Collect W...
- Unveiling World Class Shopping Destination. Dunnes...
- Barnabrow. The Christmas Pudding with surPRIZES!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Menu at Waterford's La Bohe...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
INTRODUCING CRUST, WEXFORD. A true Neapolitan Pizza Experience
INTRODUCING CRUST, WEXFORD
A true Neapolitan Pizza Experience
Crust has opened in Wexford offering a menu packed full of genuine Neapolitan Pizza, while showcasing the best of Irish artisan ingredients.
Crust, located on 93 South Main St., Wexford, and introduces regional, authentic Neapolitan pizza base to Wexford, cooked with the very best of fresh artisanal Irish produce, packed with big, punchy flavours, pungent aromas, honest, tasty food that will satisfy all pizza lovers (think Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Gubbeen Chorizo & Salami, Sheridan’s for the best Irish Cheese, Richie Doyle, Wexford for Sausage Meat, Organic Rocket from Anna Zuegel Power in Killinick, Co. Wexford). Neapolitan style pizza is impossible to beat – it is where pizza all began! Bready, chewy, flavoursome and with a hint of char. You can see why UNESCO now protects the Neapolitan Margherita!
Inspiration behind the concept and menu has been driven by Chef/Owner Richard Whitty, who trained and worked in Ballymaloe Cookery School, where he fell in love with wood fired Pizza. Upon leaving he decided to set up a pizza pop up in Rosslare Strand “Lovin’ Pizza” for two summers. In 2017, Richard then travelled to Naples to complete the Vera Pizza training in accordance with “Associazione Vercase Pizza Napoletana “(AVPN), where he wanted to learn the traditional Neapolitan method of pizza making. After months of research, the time had finally come to open his own place! His concept was to bring the traditional Neapolitan pizza base to Wexford, with the best of Irish ingredients.
His partner, Laura Kelly, who grew up in Rosslare and works in her family business Kelly’s Resort, has helped Richard open Crust injecting her Front Of House charm and experience ensuring that the service is cordial, efficient and welcoming. They wanted to create a restaurant that is true to Italian tradition, while showcasing what Ireland has to offer.
In preparation for opening, Richard and Laura had the highly onerous task of eating their way through the best Italian pizzerias, developing, tasting and re-trailing their recipes, they ultimately devised a menu which is the very essence of Italy with an Irish flavour injection. The huge bright red oven is the focal point of the restaurant and was custom built on site by Gozney Ovens. Their aim is to use old Neapolitan techniques, with modern precision. The pizza dough is made on site every day, proved for a minimum of 24 hours, then topped and cooked in the impressive wood fired oven at 450+ degrees. The proving means that they’re able to use minimal quantities of yeast in the dough, so the pizzas are light and easily digestible. Neapolitans traditionally eat their pizza uncut with a knife and fork or “libretto style” which means folded likes a book.
“At Crust, you step into a pizzeria that values Italian tradition, but I want the ingredients and flavour combinations to showcase the best of Irish Artisan produce – in essence marrying the food heritage of our two countries.” said Richard Whitty, Chef/Owner.
Crust also has a wine licence serving wines by the glass or carafe plus a selection of bits, dips and desserts.
Signature pizzas include:
Pizza Margherita: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Basil & Olive Oil €11.50
The Piccante: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Gubbeen Chorizo & Chilli €12.50
The Butcher’s Block: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Gubbeen Salami, Richie Doyle’s Sausage Meat, Smoked Chicken & Basil €15.50
Irish 4 Cheeses: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Toonsbridge Scamorza, Cashel Blue & Coolea 18 Month Extra Mature Cheese €15.00
Mushroom Deluxe: Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Mushrooms, Smoked Black Ham, Thyme, Crushed Garlic & Truffle Oil €14.00
The Veggie: Tomato Sauce, Ardsallagh Goats Cheese, Aubergine, Red Pepper, Red Onion & Basil €13.50
The Parma: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Parma Ham DOP, Organic Wild Rocket & Coolea 18 Month Extra Mature Cheese €15.00
The Butternut: Butternut Squash, Ardsallagh Goats Cheese, Smoked Black Ham, Black Pepper & Thyme €14.00
The Anchovie: Tomato Sauce, Toonsbridge Mozzarella, Capers, Nocellara Olives & Anchovies €13.00
Mon – Fri: 5pm – 10pm Sat & Sun: 12.30pm – 10pm. Crust is open for sit down & takeaway.