- PINEAPPLE-TO-GO FOR CORK CITY SHOPPERS
- A TASTE OF WEST CORK FOOD FESTIVAL WELCOMES AUSTRA...
- Summer time food is delicious at Cliff House Hotel
- Experience the best of Cork Food with Good Food Ir...
- Cask Opens For Weekend Brunch
- The Fem-Ale Festival Coming Next Month
- Waterford Harvest Festival All Set To Shine Again ...
- TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GOLF RESORT, BLESSINGTON, CO. ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- SEASONAL DELIGHTS AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL
- Mauro Colagreco’s Mirazur is No.1 as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 are revealed
- SUPERVALU REVEAL CORK ARE THE MOST ADVENTUROUS BBQ...
- €300,000 FUNDING AWARDED TO FOOD PRODUCERS IN CORK...
- World's Top Restaurants 51-120
- Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
- Richy's Launch New Menu
- MAKE IT FEEL LIKE A SUMMER THAT NEVER ENDS AT LYRATH ESTATE
- Alfie Byrne’s is ‘smoking hot’ this summer!
- Sea Change: Ireland’s largest free maritime festiv...
- Top Posts, last 10 months
- Blog Policy
- Sogrape takes majority stake in Liberty Wines
Flavour.ie Pops Up with Grub N Dub Club in West Cork!
Flavour.ie has teamed up with Cork-city duo RockSteady Food Co to bring their Jamaican-inspired Grub N Dub Club to West Cork.
Event Date: Saturday 20th July
Venue: Tots Pub, Ballygurteen, nr Clonakilty, West Cork
Food writer Kate Ryan of West Cork based Flavour.ie has teamed up with Cork-city duo Conor Lyons and Aaron Comerford, aka RockSteady Food Co, to bring a taste of Jamaican Soul Food to West Cork as they roll into town with their Grub N Dub Club!
In 2018, Conor & Aaron exploded onto Cork’s food scene with their range of authentic Caribbean-inspired hot and fruity sauces, meat rubs and cocktail mixers to accompany their pop up Jamaican-style Cook Out parties at Vicarstown Bar in Cork City. This time, the boys are heading West and taking over a favourite venue for Flavour.ie Pop Up Events.
“I am delighted to bring Grub N Dub Club to one of my favourite Pop Up venues in West Cork,” says Kate. “Tots Pub has stood on the five-crossroads in Ballygurteen, just outside of Clonakilty, for over 100 years and has a legendary status as being one of the most welcoming local bars in the region. We will be once more transforming their barn for one brilliant night of food and music, and the courtyard will be our outdoor Grill Kitchen for over the fire cookery!”
Grub N Dub Club is all about the food, flavours and sounds of Jamaica. The soundtrack for the night is Reggae, Ska and Soundsystem. During the day, all the food will have been slowly marinading in a heady mix of spice, citrus and herbs, then cooked slowly over charcoal to deliver divinely succulent morsels sweetened by smoke and zinging with spice.
Conor Lyons, co-founder of RockSteady Food Co, says “Aaron and I are looking forward to bringing the flavours and sounds of The Yards of Kingston and the road side Jerk Shacks of Port Antonio to the Wilds of West Cork! Join us for a night of over the fire cooking and real reggae music!”
Each dish on the set 5-course menu, revealed only on the night, will feature one or more of RockSteady Food Co’s range of Caribbean Sauces and Condiments demonstrating not only their flavour but also their versatility.
Kate says, “I have been a big fan of RockSteady Food Co’s full-on flavours and high-octane energy right from the beginning. Their flavours are authentic, their food is fun and seriously delicious, and wherever they go, the music comes too! It’s all about the community feel they bring to their food and their pop ups; their food is joyful, soulful and they absolutely love what they do – all of this shines through in their food!”
Kate has been running Flavour.ie Pop Up Events in West Cork for five years, working with talented chefs from across the county, always showcasing the best of local produce and championing Cork as the Food Capital of Ireland.
“All of our hero ingredients and produce on our menu have been grown, raised and sourced within Cork and much from within West Cork,” says Kate. “This is something that is really important to Flavour.ie and RockSteady Food Co.”
After all the food comes the music! “When the Grub is done, the Dub is on! Our Reggae/Ska DJ set will have you working off all that food well into the night!”
Tickets for Grub N Dub Club are €55pp and includes welcome drinks, snacks, starters, family-style main course with sides, desserts, sweet-petites and DJ set. For more information and to book, visitor call Kate Ryan on 086 2059360.