|Ciaran Cuffe (Green Party), Dave O’Donoghue, CEO Freshii Ireland & Mr Timmy Dooley TD, Fianna Fail Spokesperson on Communications, The Environment & Natural Resources at the launch of Mission Green in Freshii|
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Bollywood New Year's Eve Theme at Richy's
- The Spirit of Christmas Alive and Well in Cork!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Tokyo takes the crown as world fine dining capital...
- Saint-Chinian Wine Fair Mon 4th Feb
- O’Brien PR Awarded All-Ireland Business Accreditation
- Dublin Food Chain to host event today highlighting...
- How much more can the hospitality sector bear?
- SAVOUR FOOD AWARDS BEST PRACTICE IN FOOD WASTE MAN...
- COBH SCHOOL HOSTS CHILDREN’S FITNESS INITIATIVE
- Find the perfect Christmas dinner in Cahernane House Hotel
- Local Produce Shines on Greene's New Winter Menu
- Hooked's Anthony Gray. Confident in Challenging Ti...
- KENNETH MURPHY APPOINTED AS EXECUTIVE CHEF LYRATH...
- Blog Policy
Freshii Goes Greener: Compostable Packaging, Cutlery and Straws In Irish Restaurants
Freshii Goes Greener By Introducing A Full Range of
Compostable Packaging, Cutlery and Straws In Irish Restaurants
Ahead of World Environment Day on, Freshii is launching the biggest initiative by any fast food restaurant chain in Ireland, as it plans to become Ireland’s greenest fast food business.
Starting this summer, Freshii is continuing its commitment to protect the environment by introducing a fully compostable range of food containers and cups in all its Irish restaurants and are encouraging all local suppliers to join us on the journey. Almost every Freshii food container a customer eats from will be fully compostable, degrading into the earth in just six to eight weeks with only organic matter left behind. The new forks, spoons, knives and straws are also made from eco-friendly vegetable starches which decompose quickly leaving no trace metals behind and Freshii will provide compost bins in store so that every item can be disposed of correctly.
In addition to introducing compostable packaging in all of their Irish outlets, Freshii is joining Conscious Cup and encouraging customers to bring reusable cups when either purchasing coffee or tea at Freshii and will offer 20c discount as an incentive. Freshii are also planning to sell reusable cups in their restaurants.
Dave O’Donoghue, CEO Freshii Ireland is proud to further advance Freshii’s Mission Green strategy in Ireland by introducing a full range of compostable packaging and cutlery: “Freshii is leading the way in the food industry and society as it lives by its Mission Green statement 365 days a year. We are committed to being kind to the earth by eliminating traditional fast food practices. We are making efforts to decrease our carbon footprint and ensure we are operating an environmentally friendly business from using compostable packaging, natural eco-friendly cleaning products to our simple food preparation setup and cleaning that does not require energy-hungry dishwashers or ovens.”
Mr Timmy Dooley TD, Fianna Fail Spokesperson on Communications, The Environment & Natural Resources commented at the launch “Like many Irish people I’m a dashboard diner who travel miles around the country and I believe it’s very important that food preparation and packaging is sympathetic to the environment – I’m really delighted to see Freshii leading the way with their range of compostable packaging and cutlery.”
Freshii constantly strives to decrease their carbon footprint and Mr O’Donoghue hopes that other Irish companies will follow suit by providing compost bins so that employees who bring their Freshii breakfast or lunch back to the office will be able to dispose of compostable packaging and cutlery correctly.
Since their first store opening in Canada in 2005, Freshii has been on a mission to change the way the world eats. By making superfoods like kale and quinoa convenient and affordable for every citizen of the world, while continuing to introduce the latest culinary health trends, Freshii is truly redefining the fast-food business.
Freshii offers a healthy and customisable menu built around high-quality fresh ingredients. Freshii’s delicious and diverse menu includes breakfast, tossed salads, hot bowls, burritos, healthy wraps, soups, fresh pressed juices, smoothies and frozen yogurt, that fuel people on the go, served in an eco-friendly environment.