- The Real Wine Fair lands in Ireland!
- Cask Brings Top London Drinks Lab to Cork for One ...
- Cork Penny Dinners set to benefit from MII's "The Ringmasters Ball"
- MONTENOTTE AFTERNOON TEA CELEBRATES ALL THINGS COR...
- Mescan launch the first of the ‘Seven Virtues’ bee...
- SUPERVALU LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE GRAHAM NORTON IRISH GIN...
- VALENTINE’S WEEKEND IN THE MARBLE CITY
- Gold Award for Cahernane House
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES NEW DIGITAL MARKETING COMPANY: SPRINT DIGITAL
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Blog Policy
- Top Posts, last 12 months
KENNETH MURPHY APPOINTED AS EXECUTIVE CHEF LYRATH ESTATE
KENNETH MURPHY APPOINTED
AS EXECUTIVE CHEF
LYRATH ESTATE, KILKENNY
Kenneth Murphy has been appointed as Executive Chef of Lyrath Estate, Kilkenny, (Ireland). Originally from Carlow, Kenneth trained in Waterford Regional Technical College before going on to work and travel all over the world.
He began his professional career in Karlsruhe, Germany before returning to Ireland to work as Chef de Partie at the Westbury Hotel in Dublin. In 1997 he joined the team on board the Queen Elizabeth II Cruise Ship. The kitchen team was responsible for preparing meals for almost 2,000 passengers and over 1,000 crew each day with a myriad of different dishes and styles of foods on offer daily.
Returning to Ireland in 2000, Kenneth worked for some time with the Shelbourne Hotel before commencing his extraordinary travels which inspired him and ultimately shaped his style of food and cooking.
He joined the Virgin Limited Edition Group which is part of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group of business ventures. The collection includes fabulous holiday retreats around the world which are selected for their prime locations and attractive surroundings. The first property he worked with within the group was the Virgin Limited Edition, Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa.
This position then lead him to Virgin Limited Edition, Kasbah Tamadot in Morocco. Both properties are 5-star and cater for a discerning clientele. Some years later Kenneth joined the Minor Hotel Group which has luxury properties in 26 countries across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, the Indian Ocean, Europe and South America. Kenneth worked as The Executive Chef within the group in three of its properties; Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel, Thailand Desert Island Resort & Spa by Anantara in the UAE and Anantara Resorts and Spa in the Maldives.
He was the Executive Chef at Fota Ireland Resort in Cork before joining Lyrath Estate Hotel, Kilkenny in September 2018. Kenneth brings a wealth of international experience with him and has cooked at the highest levels, in premium resorts, hotels and cruise liners. His culinary flair and cooking instinct mark the next chapter in the story of food at Lyrath Estate which serves food in Yew Restaurant, the fine dining restaurant at the hotel, The Grill Restaurant & Bar and Tupper’s Bar.