|6 Handmade All Butter Mince Pies|
- Franciscan Well hosts the First Beer Festival of 2...
- KINSALE GIN Partners with BARRY & FITZWILLIAM.
- Fundraising event in aid of West Cork Animal Welf...
- Barnabrow House Gourmet Evening. Just in time for Valentine's!
- ORSO WELCOMES IN 2019 WITH €19 PRIX FIXE MENU
- COME FOR DINNER, STAY FOR FREE! At the Nox Hotel G...
- Top Posts, last 12 months
- Bollywood New Year's Eve Theme at Richy's
- The Spirit of Christmas Alive and Well in Cork!
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Tokyo takes the crown as world fine dining capital...
- Saint-Chinian Wine Fair Mon 4th Feb
- O’Brien PR Awarded All-Ireland Business Accreditation
- Dublin Food Chain to host event today highlighting...
- How much more can the hospitality sector bear?
- SAVOUR FOOD AWARDS BEST PRACTICE IN FOOD WASTE MAN...
- COBH SCHOOL HOSTS CHILDREN’S FITNESS INITIATIVE
- Find the perfect Christmas dinner in Cahernane House Hotel
- Local Produce Shines on Greene's New Winter Menu
- Hooked's Anthony Gray. Confident in Challenging Ti...
- KENNETH MURPHY APPOINTED AS EXECUTIVE CHEF LYRATH...
- Blog Policy
A Simply Better Christmas
It’s Beginning to look like a Simply Better Christmas!
Dunnes Stores and Simply Better Collection celebrates winning ‘Christmas Retailer of the Year’ Award
at the Irish Quality Food Awards 2018
Dunnes Stores have won the coveted title of Christmas Retailer of the Year award 2018 at this year’s Irish Quality Food and Drink Awards (IQFA’s) 2018, which took place in the Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge on Thursday night with the Simply Better Brand winning in 18 categories on the night, including seven out of the nine Christmas Q Awards.
Speaking about Dunnes Stores Simply Better, the judges commented “In 2018, one brand dominated the Christmas prizes with some outstanding products, and that brand was Dunnes Stores Simply Better. Some of the judges’ comments on the products included “beautiful presentation; looks great and tastes amazing” and “a wonderful variety of depth of flavour”.
Winning the Christmas Q Award, which is awarded to the Best Overall Christmas Product was Simply Better Handmade All Butter Mince Pies, produced in Galway by husband and wife team Siobhan and Paul Lawless and their family business, Foods of Athenry.
Of this great Christmas product, the judges commented “With the mincemeat including vine fruits and nuts, along with a delicate blend of Irish stout and French brandy, the judging panel found the aroma and fruit filling to be of great quality” while a number of judges commented “lovely butter pastry, the alcohol was also found to be coming through the filling when warmed, with both the brandy and stout being easily distinguished flavours”
Speaking at the Awards last night Siobhan Lawless stated “Like many family businesses we have been baking delicious healthy food for our own kitchen table, driven by necessity but rooted in tradition. Our collaboration with the Simply Better team has given us the opportunity to bring these mince pies which we believe have maintained their home made look and taste to a national audience. To be chosen as overall Christmas product of the year by the IQFAs is testimony to our great team in Galway, as well as the Simply Better team who work in partnership with us to develop our products and business.”
These awards add to the remarkable success at the recent Blás na hÉireann Awards, Food & Drink Business Awards and international Great Taste Awards bringing the total number of national and international awards won this year alone to 64 and over 380 that the premium food and drink brand has received since it was introduced in 2013.
The Irish Quality Food and Drink Awards were launched in 2013 for the retail sector and are unique in that they reward great tasting products, with the finest of flavours, textures and aromas. Each year the awards demonstrate the capacity of retailers and manufacturers to create marvellous new products.
The Simply Better Collection is a fantastic example of just that, a retailer and manufacturer collaboration that has led to a premium collection which is made up of over 350 products and over 270 of these are produced in Ireland and available exclusively in Dunnes Stores nationwide.
Speaking after the Awards, Diarmuid Murphy, Brand Manager for Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection stated “What a fantastic year it has been for the food, drinks and retailer awards. We are overwhelmed and are so lucky to work with such amazing producers, developing award winning products that are consistent and recognisable for their quality. These awards are a demonstration of what we aspire to achieve for the Simply Better Collection, fantastic food that can be enjoyed in the comfort of homes throughout Ireland.”
For more information on the Dunnes Stores Simply Better Collection visit www.dunnesstores.com or on social media platforms - @simplybetterds.