|Cahernane House Hotel General Manager Emer Corridan|
with Leona Hennessy, Assistant General Manager.
- MONTENOTTE HOTEL IS THE HOTEL BAR OF YEAR
- Cask Wins ‘Bar of The Year’ at the Bar of The Year...
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Gold Award for Cahernane House
CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL WINS GOLD
The PREM Group owned, Cahernane House Hotel in Killarney, Co. Kerry has won a CIE Tours International Gold Award of Excellence for the best 4-star hotel in Ireland. CIE Tours International surveyed 3,610 guests who visited Cahernane House Hotel in order to independently ascertain their feedback about the hotel and the guest experience. Guests marked the accommodation, breakfast, service and dinner at Cahernane House Hotel with the property scoring a massive 95.9% overall favourability rating.
The General Manager of Cahernane House Hotel, Emer Corridan accepted the Gold Award of Excellence on behalf of her team at an awards event held (today, January 28th) at City Hall, Dublin.
Speaking at the awards ceremony last night (28th January), Emer said, “I’m very proud to accept this award on behalf of everyone on our team. Cahernane House Hotel is a very special place, we love where we work, the house and the grounds exude a deep sense of quiet calm. We constantly strive for excellence and this award is testament to the hard work that our staff do every day to make our guest experience memorable.”
PREM Group CEO, Jim Murphy said, “We are thrilled that one of our properties has won such a prestigious award. The CIE Tours International evaluation teams survey over 28,000 guests annually, many of whom have travelled from overseas. These guests are discerning, they expect high standards and are quite often seasoned travellers. The score achieved was fantastic, we are absolutely delighted.”
Located just outside the centre of the thriving town of Killarney, the 40-bedroom Cahernane House Hotel is still far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Kerry’s major urban centre to offer a secluded and tranquil getaway. It is located on 6.4 acres of verdant grounds and situated on the edge of the Killarney Lakes and Killarney National Park.
The house itself is reminiscent of times gone by and the charm in which it was built upon in the 1800’s has never been lost despite the changeover of owner’s numerous times throughout its history. There are five main rooms on the ground floor of the property; the Pembroke Suite, the Herbert Restaurant, Drawing Room, Library and Reception. Each of these rooms contain historical artefacts and original antiques including items such as the Herbert Family Crest which is depicted above the front door of the hotel and is reference to the original owners of the house.
The house was originally built in 1877 as a family residence for Henry Herbert at a cost of £5,992. The original plans were to build a mansion three times the size of what it is presently, but the next generation of the Herbert family fell on hard times and let the property out as a hotel. As a result, the property feels and looks more like a grand, country, private residence rather than a hotel.
Cahernane House Hotel has recently undergone an extensive €6.5 million renovation to completely reinvigorate the property, all of which has been overseen by the new owners of the hotel, the PREM Group, who acquired the business in 2016.
The extensive renovation to the Garden Wing was completed last summer, with all 26 rooms in the wing, being entirely stripped, modernised, and refurbished. Each room offers something different however, with every bedroom having its own personality that is portrayed through the wallpaper, paintings, and ornaments. Towards the end of last year, The Cellar Bar was also completely renovated to reveal a homely and eclectic environment deep in the under belly of the old house. The owners have just started on a new phase over the winter months which will see the development of 8 new bedrooms in the old coach house wing of the property with work expected to be completed by May 2019.
It has been an exciting 12 months for Cahernane House Hotel which was also recently accepted into Ireland’s Blue Book and the prestigious Condé Nast Johannsen’s Traveler Guide. The property is currently closed for renovations and will reopen on the 8th of March, 2019. For more information on Cahernane House Hotel see www.cahernane.com