Lemon drizzle cake
Red velvet cake
Sticky toffee pudding
- SIZZLING HALLOWEEN. Westport House and Hotel Westp...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- Food, Glorious Food! Culinary celebrations for 11t...
- Tasting Irish Breads from Irish grains
- Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort Gears up for The P...
- A SPECIAL HARVEST BANQUET AT HISTORIC WESTPORT HOU...
- Last Minute Summer Getaway at Lyrath Estate, Kilke...
- Sourdough September Returns. Conrad Dublin
- Market Lane Restaurant Group Supports Meitheal Mar...
- New Fully-Serviced Scandi-Style Apartments in Cork...
- GRAHAM NORTON ONCE AGAIN ON A WINNER WITH HIS IRIS...
- Fun on the Farm: Airfield Festival of Food & Zero ...
- Sarah Jessica Parker's First Wine.
- PREM GROUP LAUNCHES PREM HOSPITALITY BRAND
- The World’s 50 Best Restaurants announces the #50B...
- West Cork Gourmet Escape at Dunworley Cottage & Or...
- Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
- PICTURE PERFECT WEDDINGS AT TULFARRIS HOTEL AND GO...
- Sustainable food at the core of Waterford Harvest ...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Posts, last 11 months
- Blog Policy
Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
Google Searches Indicate Lemon Drizzle
Is Ireland's Favourite Cake!
What do you think?
From classic cakes such as Victoria sponge, to a slice of zesty Lemon Drizzle or an indulgent Chocolate cake, we all have a favourite. The different variety of cakes across the globe range in flavour and presentation, historically this has been down to the type of ingredients available in each nation and the taste preferences developed in each country throughout the years.
Leisure, one of the leading range cooker brands in the UK, has analysed global search volumes to reveal the world’s favourite cakes in each nation. You can view the interactive graphic here.
Ireland’s favourite cake can be looked upon as a bit of a surprise, as traditional favourites such as carrot cake, Victoria sponge and fruit cake are overshadowed in favour of a citrusy Lemon Drizzle. Research shows that the lemon soaked sponge is searched for over 5,400 times a month in Ireland and 128,570 times across the globe, ranking in at 9th place overall for total number of monthly searches worldwide.
Following in second and third place are the more traditional favourites of chocolate cake, with a monthly search volume of 4,400 and carrot cake with 2,900 searches a month.
The top ten most searched for cakes in Ireland are as follows:
Gino Grossi, Marketing Manager at Leisure, comments:
“As our new research reveals, life's too short to not eat cake! It's great to see the variety of different taste preferences across the world and which cake is identified as a nation's favourite.
Whether people are searching for recipes, where to purchase different cakes, or a cake’s origin, one thing is for certain; these statistics reveal we are a world of curious cake lovers.
At Leisure, we believe that cooking at home is a time to be creative, and to experiment with different ingredients - and using a range cooker with access to up to three ovens, batch baking has never been easier!”
For more information on the World’s Favourite Cakes, visit Leisure.