|Kate Clancy, Marketing Manager, Franciscan Well Brewpub|
and Mhuire McCarthy, Franciscan Well Brewpub
- LLISH opens new café at Atkins on Carrigrohane Road.
- Cork’s Vienna Woods Hotel Appoints New Executive Head Chef
- Farm to Fork Scholarship for CIT Culinary Students...
- Christmas 2018 at Eight Degrees Brewing. Two Speci...
- Unique All Ireland Collaboration. Two Great Pionee...
- Songs of Joy as Griffin's turn on the lights next ...
- New Zealand Winegrowers 2019 Sommelier Scholarship...
- Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year winner is Jack ...
- O'Mahony's Butchers Launches New Click & Collect W...
- Unveiling World Class Shopping Destination. Dunnes...
- Barnabrow. The Christmas Pudding with surPRIZES!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Menu at Waterford's La Bohe...
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Irish food on global stage at Breeders’ Cup World ...
- Franciscan Well Brewpub Celebrates 20 Years Pourin...
- Mescan Brewery founders receive knighthoods in Bel...
- Cooking with Beer. Three Recipes!
- FrancisCAN Well Gone Can Mad
- Stojo - The On-the-Go Collapsible Cup
- WINTER WARMER AT LYRATH ESTATE
- A Simply Better Christmas
- Cork Food Policy Council Presents Cork Food Harvest Festival 2018
- Blog Policy
- FLAVOURS OF NEW ZEALAND – 2019 Annual Trade Tastin...
UpDate!!!! Band and Brewery Details. Franciscan Well Celebrates Women in Beer
Franciscan Well Celebrates Women in Beer
Breweries attending ( All beers brewed by female brewers)
Rising Sons- Cork
Dungarvan Brewing - Waterford
Metalman Brewing - Waterford
Two Sisters Brewing- Kildare
Kildare Brewing- Kildare
Longville cider - Cork
Black Donkey - Roscommon
Five Points- Dublin/UK
Rascals - Dublin
Kinegar brewing - Dublin
West Kerry Brewing - Kerry
Carrig Brewing - Leitrim
Blacks of Kinsale - Cork
Wicklow Wolf - Wicklow
Speakers & Bands attending and times
Kate Clancy - Franciscan Well ( Intro )
Melisa Cole - UK Journalist
Libbey - Kinnegar, Rachel - Kinnegar & Adrienne West Kerry ( Panel Discussion )
Christina Under Wood and friends, Band-11-pm
Christina Wade - founder of the Ladies Craft Beer Society of Ireland @
She Said- Band @
Melisa Cole - Journalist @
Edana Hinchey - Director of Craft Brew Labs @
Triona - Rascals Designer, Grainne - Founder of Metalman & Caoimhe -Marketing for Beer Club Ireland.
KOA - Band @
Melissa Cole, UK- based, journalist and beer sommelier will be attending the festival as the key speaker. Melissa is one of the leading beer & food experts & has written books like ‘Let me tell you about craft beer & ‘The little book of craft beer’. “Promoting the visibility of women in the beer industry is just one step towards widening its diversity and I’m thrilled to be taking part in this event, after 20 years of battling sexism in the industry, being told I wouldn’t want a pint because it’s not ‘very lady like’ or that I wouldn’t want an IPA ‘because it’s too bitter’ or so many other things, being part of an event that gives women the stage to show others that enjoying beer is totally natural and ok is brilliant.”
Franciscan Well Celebrates Women in Beer
The Fem-Ale Festival held in the Franciscan Well Brewpub on North Mall, Cork is Irelands first ever festival dedicated to celebrating women in the beer industry, running August 10th & 11th.
The festival will feature a range of Irish beers brewed by the female brewers of Ireland. Over 15 Irish breweries will be attending including Metalman Brewing, Five Points, Rascals & Two Sisters Brewing. ‘ The festival is to highlight the important role that women have had in contributing to the success of the beer industry in Ireland’ says Kate Clancy, Marketing Manager of the Franciscan Well Brewpub
As well as sampling the brews, those attending will have the opportunity to attend talks from some of the leading women in the industry. Talks will be given by women from all different backgrounds, including marketing, sales, journalism & brewing ‘The talks will be a platform to share experiences, while also being informative. We hope to reach out to women who would like to get involved & to also show how welcoming the industry is to everyone’ Says Ms Clancy.
Melissa Cole, UK- based, journalist and beer sommelier will be attending the festival as the key speaker. Melissa is one of the leading beer & food experts & has written books like ‘Let me tell you about craft beer & ‘The little book of craft beer’.
The Franciscan Well opened its doors 20 years ago this year. Since opening, the ‘Well’ has been home to some of Ireland’s longest running beer festivals and are delighted, especially on the Year of Women, to be the first to hold a festival dedicated to the women in the industry.
Live music will be performed throughout the weekend by Cork based female bands such as KOA & She Said & of course, Cork’s most popular pizza bar, Pompeii Pizza will be serving pizza throughout the weekend.
The festival will open from the 10th & from the 11th of August. Admission is free and all are welcome.