|Lia O'Toole and Grace Naughton with Daisy the 5 day old calf at the launch|
- FYFFES IRELAND INTRODUCES NEW REDUCED-PACKAGING BA...
- Fourth annual Clonakilty Street Carnival launches ...
- Restaurant Reviews. Up-to-date. Cork & Ireland
- The Good Value Wine List
- Top Wines. With Reviews & Irish Stockists.
- Ireland's Great Producers, Great Tastes
- Chris Bullzini surveys Cork city ahead of his brea...
- Award-Winning Blacks Brewery & Distillery Launch U...
- The Taste, Walk & Talk of the Town!
- BOISDALE OF BISHOPSGATE LAUNCHES the £90 omelette
- Evening with experts in cooperage, beer, whiskey, wine & pizza
- Richy's Celebrating 18th Year in Clonakilty
- Backyard at Blas takes to the road this spring, su...
- Top Posts, last 7 months
- Kinsale Mead Co. wins Gold again!
- Cork Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist An...
- INTRODUCING “TEA TIME” AT CONRAD DUBLIN
- French Wine Evening. Dillon’s Restaurant 21st May
- Monkstown wine + dine collaboration starts on a hi...
- HIKE AND HERITAGE AT CAHERNANE HOUSE HOTEL, KILLAR...
- DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
- Franciscan Well Adds to its Award-Winning Range wi...
- Brunch & Beats comes to Cork’s Crawford & Co
- Blog Policy
DRONES, COWS & WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019
DRONES, COWS & PLENTY OF WOWS – CORK SUMMER SHOW 2019 LAUNCHES A STELLAR LINEUP
Munster Agricultural Society Launches the Cork Summer Show, Munster’s Largest Agricultural Show
Munster Agricultural Society has launched its most ambitious show schedule for the much-loved Cork Summer Show 2019. Taking place at the Curraheen showgrounds on Saturday and Sunday, 15th and 16thJune, the largest agricultural show in Munster promises to top the summer events schedule for Cork this year.
With helicopter rides, live music from the Frank & Walters and others, the largest food market in Munster, craft beer tents, stick-making courses, vintage vehicles and the latest motors, dog shows, pet farms, gardening, crafts and baking competitions, fashion shows and lots of family friendly entertainment, the showgrounds will be bursting with fun and games this summer.
Speaking at the launch of Cork Summer Show 2019, Munster Agricultural Society Chairman Robert Harkin said, “Every summer for more than 200 years, Munster Agricultural Society has put on a very special show in Cork. It’s a family tradition that brings together the very best about Ireland in one place. With great food, fun, farming and music, the Cork Summer Show embraces our heritage, whilst adapting to attract more people each year to experience the magic of this special agricultural show. This year the line up is better than ever, with new additions such as stick making, drone racing and for the first time, helicopter rides. This show will be the highlight of the summer in Cork.”
As sponsors of the Cork Summer Show, Cork County Council will also have a significant presence at the Show again this year.
“As a key public event in the Cork diary, we are delighted to support the Munster Agricultural Society which represent farmers and producers throughout Cork county, as well as supporting one of the region’s most popular and loved events, the annual Cork Summer Show. We look forward to welcoming families and friends to the Showgrounds again this year”, said Mayor of the County of Cork Cllr Patrick Gerard Murphy.
As children go free, the Cork Summer Show
represents great value for all the family to enjoy a special day in the countryside, only a few miles from Cork city. Show favourites such as farrier tents for shoe-ing horses, show jumping, dressage and livestock competitions, poultry shows, unusual breeds, goats and pigs will be there alongside vintage tractors and high-tech farm machinery, the latest in cars and motors as well as free children’s play zones with everything from bouncy castles to pet farms where you can stroke a lama or hold a baby bunny. With more than 100 food stalls, the Summer Show is a great place to try out new flavours and experience farm to fork cuisine on site.
The Cork Summer Show is the ideal way to spend our Irish summer days outdoors with family and friends. There is ample free parking available and free bus routes to and from the city. For tickets and further information see www.corksummershow.com.